Hot!wider arms and axles rancher 420??

Author
mercuno
Grass Hog
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2018/03/10 00:59:36 (permalink)

wider arms and axles rancher 420??

So not necessarily looking to go much higher but would like to be about 4 in wider. I have a 2013 Rancher 420 I just bought some ITP 28 in tires I have a 2 inch lift on it it is a solid rear axle. The rear axle shaft looks straight enough that it shouldn't be too bad the front axles could do with a little straightening out even with just a 2 inch lift. I'm afraid that if I go for my stock tires now with their 24 inch to these 28 inch tires I may be awfully top-heavy. I would like to eventually have some 31's with a gear reduction and be really wide and really tall. I am a welder fabricator for occupation so I can fabricate my own stuff if I have to. Has anybody done it Orchid anybody point me in the right direction for a kit preferred or design parameters secondarily

1 Reply Related Threads

00_NUTT
    Super Swamper
    • Total Posts : 2596
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: wider arms and axles rancher 420?? 2018/03/10 13:02:10 (permalink)
    Man I appreciate you being a welder. Let's say you want a 6" lift. We go buy the +6 axles from gorilla, turner, or cobra. Build a jig where you can put the axles in your diff and in a wheel. Jack your bike up till you get around 36-38 degrees on the cv shaft. Check your measurements and make sure all is good. Then build your lift. We get ball joint plates cut so you don't have to chop up your factory ones. Also run hiem joints at the frame connection points. Make sure to build new tierods and pay attention to how you make them cause it's the difference between a good steering and bad steering bike. Use black iron pipe from Lowe's. P.S. never never stretch your CV axles!!! Many have tried and they have failed. Also all our lifts fit in the back of a truck and I have never had any rollover issues. Plus if you build it to wide you can't turn hardly.

Now if you just bolt up 28's your fine and to be a lot easier and cheaper buy some 2" spacers if you want to be wider.

00_NUTT
    1997 Honda 300 4x4
    Head Ported and Polished
    317 Kit
    Big Red Cam
    Clutch Kit
    SuperTrapp IDS2 Exhaust
    K&N Filter
    Carb Kit
    32" Interco Interforce II's
    16" MSA M30 Trottles
    Snorkled 
    54% gear reduction
    Honda 350 rear axle assm.

6" BPC CUSTOM LIFT WITH 8" STRETCH AND 3" BODY LIFT OLD 300 LOOKING GOOD AS EVER THANKS TO WHITNEY!!!!!

SON'S BIKE
    1998 Honda 300 2x4
    6" BPC LIft with some sick a-arms
    420 spindles and disk brakes
    29.5" OL2'S
    14" MSA M26 Vibes

Upcoming
    4x4 Frame and Motor that's here now just got to get to work on the swap over!!!
    54% Gear Reduction

Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5