LockedRincon VIN location

Mud Master
2004/09/25 22:02:37
What were the great Honda engineers thinking when they put the Rincon's VIN number in an inaccessable location? It is on the front frame, hidden from view, even more hidden when you have a winch installed. Sold mine yesterday and was trying to confirm the VIN for the buyer. Even called the dealer and he just laughed and said, yeah, you have to take things apart to view it. What a joke! The buyer said that in his area, the game warden has often stopped riders to check their VINs and verify that they are not stolen machines. Also said if he can't see the VIN, you have to take things apart till he can! So much for the great Honda engineering.

Just a note, my previous Yamahas had them very easy to locate and view so a situation like this would not be a problem.
fourtrax_300
Mud Pro
Re: Rincon VIN location 2004/09/25 22:09:58
yeah that is kinda a bad spot but on the other hand how often do you have to look at the vin ?
topgun
Mud Master
Re: Rincon VIN location 2004/09/25 22:34:45
I agree, we don't have problems here where I live but some areas do. In PA, you have to have a licence plate and owners card so that is probably what they would look at. The guy that bought it was taking it to neighboring Ohio. He has to go to an inspection station to verify the vin and such that is wasn't stolen to get it titled. They could of easily stamped the frame say under the front cover, where your radiator is. Instead, the brilliant minds put it where you can't get at it without a bunch of tools. Stupid!
Mudcon
Outlaw
Re: Rincon VIN location 2004/09/26 13:29:53
top--congrat on selling the rinny, let me know how that king quad stacks up.
topgun
Mud Master
Re: Rincon VIN location 2004/09/26 15:41:12
Thanks and will do! The guy that bought it got a like new machine with lots of accessories. He was very happy!
camo 650
Trail Rider
Re: Rincon VIN location 2004/09/26 18:51:42
wardens dont have any right to look at vin's.
topgun
Mud Master
Re: Rincon VIN location 2004/09/27 08:30:20
Around here, the game wardens have as much authority as the police.
redrinny
Mud Master
Re: Rincon VIN location 2004/09/27 09:09:36
Yes I agree, this is the worst spot you could think of putting the VIN....Didnt make me too happy when I could not find it at first...
Mudcon
Outlaw
Re: Rincon VIN location 2004/09/27 14:23:50
when i traded mine in they told me i was going to have to take my winch off and everything apart so they could see the vin and i told them to kiss my ****
redrinny
Mud Master
Re: Rincon VIN location 2004/09/27 14:25:29
mudcon i would say the same thing, there is no way that I am taking that time again, just to see a stupid number
Mudcon
Outlaw
Re: Rincon VIN location 2004/09/27 22:14:58
yea you ought to seen his eyes when i told him to kiss my ****. when i started loading it up he changed his mind. lol