LockedInterco Blemish...

Respected Member
2012/04/23 23:57:46
We had a guy in our group get a set of these "dual side lug" vamps for his 600 Grizz last week.

Gotta say I was impressed, even though they're 26's - they did well this weekend in Doles.

I think they were suppose to be some kind of military contract for their smaller equipment. I say this because the tire is not "A" typical. The sidewall is incredibly thick. Infact, after putting them on the rim, we let all the air out of them with the valve core out and you could not tell they were not inflated even when riding them. Kinda heavy for the size, but for 70 bucks, they were hard to beat.

DSX-05 DUAL SIDE LUG VAMPIRE   26X9.50-12
TheMudEnthusiast
Mud Monster
Re:Interco Blemish... 2012/04/24 01:22:19
I may have to check into these for that price!
Re:Interco Blemish... 2012/04/24 01:25:24
any pic of the tire ?

Bulldog66
Respected Member
Re:Interco Blemish... 2012/04/24 07:18:57
This is one reason I think they're either a special application, military or one off tire - we searched for them on the net and came up empty. We had to get them to send us a pic - to which I think they're on my computer in my garage at home.

I'll get him to snap a few pics or once our camera gal gets the pics up from this past weekend at Doles I'll try to post them. They're just like a Vamp, but with side lugs and a flat profile...
BigJoel
Mud Master
Re:Interco Blemish... 2012/04/24 08:46:05
Are they like those Vampire ASX's from back in the day? Those were the ones that had huge side lugs, but they were only on the outside of the tire. You had to order them two for one side and two for the other.

post edited by BigJoel - 2012/04/24 08:50:51
Kingquadlucas
Mud Bogger
Re:Interco Blemish... 2012/04/24 10:49:40
they started to remake the asx's again and they have those in the blem section two. what he is talking about it saids double side vampires in the blems i wouldnt think they would be the same tire as the asx in different postings
Kingquadlucas
Mud Bogger
Re:Interco Blemish... 2012/04/24 10:52:56
they call them them dsx's intead of the asx's
Bulldog66
Respected Member
Re:Interco Blemish... 2012/04/24 15:25:16
that's them - only with dual side lugs. It wraps around to the rim and has a lip seal, too. Pretty decent tire for the price and application.

What got my attention is how thick the bead is. Normally see that on a special application like I use on my Wreckers and a "G" rated, 14ply tire. It's stupid thick for a ATV/UTV tire. Literally can run it with no air in them, or at least we did on his Grizz.