Locked1,3 dimethyl.. Anyone with info on this?

Trail Rider
2011/11/21 14:33:56
so here's the story.. I've been pretty active in the gym here lately and started to take a new pre-workout called ACG3 which contains 1,3 dimethyl.. Anyway I'm about to start a new job that requires a urine drug test and blood work. The other day I was on bodybuilding.com and came across a thread saying the 1,3 dimethyl would show on a drug test as amphetamines, resulting in a false positive drug test. Now I can't even sleep because I'm about to have a nervous breakdown! I've tried to research as much as I could but have not seen anything else in regards to dimethyl and a drug test. Somebody please share any information on this suppliment so maybe I can sleep at night 

btw ACG3 was last taken on a tuesday afternoon, drug test and blood work was taken friday afternoon so there was roughly 48 hours in between the two.
Cypressstump
Trail Rider
Re:1,3 dimethyl.. Anyone with info on this? 2011/11/21 14:45:37
Dunno'... You may want to contact your family doctor.. OR, you could buy a urine test kit from walgreens and see if it comes up as a positive, or better yet contact a local testing facility and see what they would say.
Good luck, RB
mississippi_mud
Trail Rider
Re:1,3 dimethyl.. Anyone with info on this? 2011/11/21 14:52:36
I may try to contact the place i took the test at and see what they say.. before I took the test i asked the lady if things like that would show up on the test and she said they wouldnt.. maybe im just over reacting... the only thing i can find about the substance is that its banned by the ncaa during the given season of sports.. it said they are ok to take during the off season; hopefully everything will work out
Cypressstump
Trail Rider
Re:1,3 dimethyl.. Anyone with info on this? 2011/11/21 15:01:12
Well,, if yer losing sleep worring over it,,, by all means DO Not Take Dope for sleeping... :)

The testing facilities usually know just about everything that would reflect a postive result. Even if it were to come back as a hit, you very well could contest the positive result and provide the stuff as legally obtained, over the counter evidence. I have had emplyees test positive for legally issued medications. Once the prescription was produced to the HR dept. , most cases all was well. Sometimes a re-test was required.
mississippi_mud
Trail Rider
Re:1,3 dimethyl.. Anyone with info on this? 2011/11/21 15:20:26
well hopefully IF something comes up about it I at least have the container showing the ingredients.. I guess I have learned my lesson about supplements!
Silveradols
Outlaw Extremist
Re:1,3 dimethyl.. Anyone with info on this? 2011/11/21 15:22:18
It just all depends on what they are testing for.  If they're just testing for certain things, it may never even show up.
mississippi_mud
Trail Rider
Re:1,3 dimethyl.. Anyone with info on this? 2011/11/21 15:35:28
from my understanding they are testing for amphetamines, pot, PCP, and something else... its just something in the 1,3 dimethyl that comes up as amphetamines.. Ive never even smoked a cigrette; I wouldnt even know how to do drugs lol
C_Holland
Mud Master
Re:1,3 dimethyl.. Anyone with info on this? 2011/11/21 17:20:02
Usually, they ask what medicines you're currently taking. If you told them you were taking that supplement, I'm sure they know what it shows as and will report accordingly.
mississippi_mud
Trail Rider
Re:1,3 dimethyl.. Anyone with info on this? 2011/11/21 20:21:41
yeah I should have wrote down my current supplements but it just didn't come to mind when they asked; I will probably be kicking myself in the face this time tomorrow