LockedTO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED!

Outlaw
2011/02/22 10:29:41
THIS IS AN ON GOING PROBLEM WITH CAN-AM ATV'S THAT ARE AVID MUD RIDERS! I CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO CHECK/CLEAN THE WIRES BEHIND THE FUSE BOK, EVEN WHEN THE BIKE IS BRAND NEW! TAKE THAT FACTORY TAPE OFF AND PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING TO YOU LATER ON DOWN THE ROAD. WE HAVE STARTED TO USE LIQUID ELECTRICAL TAPE, WHICH SO FAR HAS HELPED! NOTICE THE TAPED WIRE FIRST. UNDER THE TAPE IS SOLDERED JOINTS THAT WILL CORRODE AND BREAK. CLEAN THESE JOINTS AND SEAL THEM HOWEVER YOU PREFER

easttexasrenegade
Mud Monster
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/22 11:04:07
What is hppenin breakin the wires or what?
XtremeGC
Mud Master
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/22 11:05:52
thats why i used liquid electrical tape when my bike was brand new. it still looks like the day i did it
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/22 11:07:17
i recently started using the liquid electrical tape and that stuff is the ****zy.

edit, sheezy....hopefully it wont edit that word.
Truservon
Outlaw
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/22 11:10:01
Yes. THey corrode and break. ANd it dont matter how many times you swap fuses or whatever. If these wires break, they will cause all kinds of problems. For example: I had to re-tune my 500 and my tune wasnt changing when i would send the map. It would say "map sent successfully" but the A/F wouldnt move. It wanst the computer or the PC's fault, it was these faulty wires. The other main wires are the 2 at the back of the atv also.
easttexasrenegade
Mud Monster
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/22 11:19:16
So pull the fuse box and put electrical tape on all the wires that are together. How you suggest we clean these
Dirt2race
Mud Pro
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/22 12:19:17
Adam, too many of us have found this out the hard way. Thanks for putting it out there like this. This is exactly what I found on Mark's pink renegade after I had replaced the entire harness, it had 2 broken wires on it, one ground and one main hot wire. I am assuming I broke one when I started looking around for the other problem, I just don't know which one broke first. I have never used the liquid elecrical tape, and I assume you can get this at Advance or Autozone and does it just spray on, or do you dip it, etc. Thanks again Adam
Truservon
Outlaw
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/22 13:10:50
This is one of our old cans. But it's basically a whipe on like anti-seize

Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/22 15:24:56
could this cause mt headlights to flash when i ride a wheelie? or hit a bump
kleinwild
Outlaw Extremist
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/22 17:15:22
Great find Steve...
Truservon
Outlaw
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/22 17:33:33
Scuba Steve FTW™
WilliamBos
Trail Rider
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/23 13:42:31
Where is the fuse panle located?? Dielectric greaese on all connections would be good too, eh??
XtremeGC
Mud Master
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/23 14:55:52
its good to dielectric every electrical connection. honestly, it can't hurt anything
kleinwild
Outlaw Extremist
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/23 14:58:28
Adam, I see your trying to TM my FTW... It must really suck to be ashamed of who you are and want to be someone else...
Truservon
Outlaw
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/23 15:28:52
Big words coming from one of my best stalkers. Having someone post for you on my facebook cause i deleted ya, thats just a shame ;O). Anyway, just keep on keeping on...its cute :O)

I'm done. I aint arguing anymore. So just go ahead and personally attack me like everyone else. Cause thats ALL you'll be good at. PEACE BRO
post edited by Truservon - 2011/02/23 15:46:01
Truservon
Outlaw
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/23 15:30:23
Yes. Dielectric grease will work on the fuses. BUt the wire connections it will eventually wash off and you will have to continue to maintenance it. I think the liquid electrical tape will hold up very well.
kleinwild
Outlaw Extremist
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/23 16:09:38
See ya at Nats! Remember, rubber side up not the other way around!
WilliamBos
Trail Rider
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2011/02/23 17:53:06
Truservon

Yes. Dielectric grease will work on the fuses. BUt the wire connections it will eventually wash off and you will have to continue to maintenance it. I think the liquid electrical tape will hold up very well.

Thanks.  So pop all connections apart, and grease them, and liquid tape all fuse box connections??(where the black tape is...)

wowchad
Grass Hog
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2013/02/21 01:13:01
I'm sure glad I searched dielectric and saw this, thank you!
I'm going to look at mine this weekend. Better to do this now when she's new if its needed
DSCZ71
Mud Pro
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2013/02/21 01:23:50
Never heard of this... interesting
georgiaboyskingquad
Super Swamper
Re:TO ALL CAN-AM GUY'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! PIC INCLUDED! 2013/02/21 14:17:18
cool thanks, going to do this now... liquid electrical tape on the bottom and dielectric on the top!