LockedBest UTV for work and farming?

Grass Hog
2011/01/31 15:48:05
What are yalls opinion on the best and most durable UTV for work and farming? I am doing some research for my grandpa who needs a new one. He has literally worn out his Cub Cadet he has now. I need something really durable with an power dump bed and 4x4. nothing too fancy and he doesnt need crazy power just something with some low end and low gears. He has trouble getting around now and uses his UTV everywhere he goes, and he is real old school and doesnt want alot of fancy add ons its "just a tool" is what he says. Any suggestions? I was looking at a mule, or a Honda Big red possibly. Any opinion, experience or help will be appreciated.
Sweet_Tooth
Outlaw
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/01/31 16:08:23
The Mules 4010 and 610 are very good farm vehicles. They have accesories that make things easier for farmers like a dump bed kit etc. The Big Red would be a second choice if he wants a more "plush" ride but price is a bit high. They are not speed demons and they do a good job. Honorable mentoin to the Ranger 500, even thou it is way faster compared to the Mule and Big Red but they are economical and awesome ride.
sTa
Super Swamper
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/01/31 16:09:46
Kubota RTV 900 Diesel dad has and it a work horse and thats all it is nothing more nothing less.
muddancer
Dirt Monster
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/01/31 18:00:34
I second that last post. It is the best work UTV there is. I work off one all the time. Lots of room in the bed and good low end
Jordan Knight
Trail Rider
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/01/31 18:25:44
sTa was right on the money. The kubota is the ultimate farm utv!
jtgregory
Trail Rider
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/01/31 18:29:25
I seen a ranger diseal that was pretty sweet at the dealer.
Mrmojorisan
Outlaw
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/02/01 10:46:35
sTa

Kubota RTV 900 Diesel dad has and it a work horse and thats all it is nothing more nothing less.

yup... plus it has hydraulic hook-ups in the rear for the different implements... you can go with the RTV1100 if you like a/c and heat.
Sweet_Tooth
Outlaw
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/02/01 11:24:39
Darn forgot about Kubota. Scratch what I just said these things are awesome farm vehicles. I remember a while back that my friend was fixing an old RTV1100 I think. It had a full cab enclosure and I think the air intake was high up close to the roof. They are tough looking indeed.
Big_T
Super Swamper
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/02/01 11:27:56
Gators are pretty good for farm use.  The bed tends to be a bit lower (depending on which model) so you don't have to lift things as high.  There's a big choice of them, and they tend to be built pretty heavy.  They don't have as nice of a ride or power as some of the others though.
Sweet_Tooth
Outlaw
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/02/01 11:34:27
Gators are great but man my local dealer gave them a bad rep. Their service is horrible, and they take forever to process any payments or service.
EDIT: I just went to their website and saw the new gators. Man and I thought the 800 engines from Polaris sounded like P.O.ed Weed wackers. LOL.
post edited by Sweet_Tooth - 2011/02/01 11:42:41
cletus600twin
Mud Monster
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/02/01 19:16:41
I work for a LARGE Deere dealer and we have sold a ton of the new gators.  The power in the new 825i is unbelievable.  They ride alot smoother than the earlier gators and finally have decent top speed at 45mph.  We took one out and rode it on the low and at a full stop in AWD it spun all four and roosted them for 20 yards or better.  This one had the Bighorns on it.  In 2wd it would roost the tires for 50 yards or more.  Low has a ton of torque but no top speed.  Yes they do sound like a bumblebee even with the performance muffler. 
COKER6365
Outlaw
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/02/01 20:24:38
Hands down, John Deere XUV Gator all the way!  The diesel is a killer work horse.  I wouldn't trade mine for nothing!
TEAM RZR
Trail Rider
Re:Best UTV for work and farming? 2011/02/01 22:22:55
why don't you look at a coot2 !  The web is www.coot2.com
Take alook at this Utv!!!