LockedATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv

Mud Master
2010/02/21 18:16:47

Look I know this is the wrong Section for this, No one reads the other sub forums and i really need help so please keep it here. This is a 1985 Suzuki Lt 125 Atv. 
It's Very Old. Everytime i start it and give it gas, it does not rev up even at full throttle it just Chugs and acts like it wants to die. If i left off the Throttle it Dies. I just Cleaned The Carb and put new gas in the machine and its still doing the same. The ATv also Smokes oil as you can see the tip of the muffler has oil all over it. Please Help me get this fixed ! Tell me all that it may be. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzQqlg7OVu8

idk how to embedd it 
Grizzly Man
Mud Pro
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 19:41:10
sounds like it may have bad are weak spark. eather that are its getting more air then needed. make sure the fuel air screw is set right and if thats set right then check and see if its getting air any wherehere else besides the air box.

and on ur tires if you cut off the little square blocks in between the long lug. it will pull alot better. i did it on my 200s 3 wheeler and you couldn't stop it after that
StupidPower
Trail Rider
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 19:47:41
Turn the choke off!
Wesdaman
Mud Master
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 20:34:35
The choke is Off. Could it be a Bad spark plug ? 
its only getting air from the air box. the Mix screw is dialed in to factory specs with the manual.  
Wesdaman
Mud Master
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 20:36:16
and on ur tires if you cut off the little square blocks in between the long lug. 

How would That make it pull better  ?

Grizzly Man
Mud Pro
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 21:47:21
Wesdaman

and on ur tires if you cut off the little square blocks in between the long lug. 

those tires tend to ball up with mud. because unless you sling the crap out of em they dont like to shed mud.

you cut the 3 little knot lugs off and the mud has a space to get out when its in between the the long grips.
Grizzly Man
Mud Pro
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 21:49:24
and it may be a bad plug.

are it may be getting to much gas and the plug cant burn it all. but if its the plug then it would be back firing.

is it back firing 
Vamped400
Super Swamper
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 22:02:31
double post, sorry...
post edited by Vamped400 - 2010/02/21 22:11:24
Vamped400
Super Swamper
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 22:10:58
Grizzly Man

Wesdaman

those tires tend to ball up with mud. because unless you sling the crap out of em they dont like to shed mud.

you cut the 3 little knot lugs off and the mud has a space to get out when its in between the the long grips.

i agree... full pin and these still had a hard time cleaning out

and what color is your spark plug? did you put the jets back in right? my guess is its getting too much gas

Wesdaman
Mud Master
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 22:14:58
yes i put the jets back in right, it was doing this before i even touched the carburetor. i was just out riding and it just lost all its power. the plug is pitch black and has oil all over it. the rings on my piston are bad. maybe it is indeed my plug. but when revving it up i pulled the air boot back off the carb and i felt gas just spraying all over my hand while giving it throttle, so its something up. i think i need to also adjust my Float.
Vamped400
Super Swamper
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 22:26:15
i think its more then your plug lol
Wesdaman
Mud Master
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 22:27:33
haha. well ? what could it be then ?
Vamped400
Super Swamper
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/21 23:00:49
well first id do a top end rebuild... then check your float. on my indy the float would get stuck and just shoot gas out the exhaust and would bogg
Grizzly Man
Mud Pro
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/22 02:40:23
it prob bunna to be these to things. 1 your float is sticking and you need to replace are fix it. 2 the spark aint worth a crap and its flooding out. 2 its getting way to much gas and not enough air are vice versa.

crank your bike. get your dad, brother, mom, grandmother, grandfather are girlfriend to hold the gas wide open. get down there with a screw driver and play with the set screw. screw it all the way in and start at it being unscrewed at half a round. and just unscrew it more and more. until it eather starts running right are the screw comes out.

just because the screw it tuned to factory specs dont mean much. my brother 300 factory specs id like 2 to 3 rounds. and right now as it sits the set screw is set at like 6 rounds.

it that dont work. change ur plug again. change your pick up coil and the stater. (thank that what its called i cant remember right know) but its the thing that makes the spark from the flywheel.
post edited by Grizzly Man - 2010/02/22 02:42:21
Grizzly Man
Mud Pro
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/22 02:49:15
Vamped400

Grizzly Man

Wesdaman

i agree... full pin and these still had a hard time cleaning out

and what color is your spark plug? did you put the jets back in right? my guess is its getting too much gas

ya i use to have a set of those old wolly buggers (i dont think they make them any more. it they they started calling them something else and just curved the long solid lug.) on my old 200s three wheeler. and i couldent go any where with out the back tires catfish bellying.

so i was sitting on it thinking and i said i wonder if i cut them lugs off if it will pull better. so i got 2 old knives and a crawfish cooker. and i put one knife on the cooker and let it heat up and i would cut with the other. it took just about all day but i got em cut. after that i would ride circles around my buddy on his honda 450 with some 27inch executioners.
Wesdaman
Mud Master
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/22 15:47:46
Well The Float is Not Sticking For sure. I've Double checked and its not the cause. I RTV'd the leak from the intake boot and it did not fix the problem. 
while the atv was running i was giving it full throttle and i was adjusting the air screw and it made not 1 difference, i even screwed it all the way in and the bike was still running ! before when i bottomed the screw out the atv would die. There's only 1 thing to try and thats Change The Plug. But i mean i was just riding it fine And then 1 second later it just lost 90% of it power and wouldn't even go. So i mean it cant be a Carb problem ? 
Grizzly Man
Mud Pro
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/22 17:04:01
no. there no it caint be a carb prob. i said that many times and come to find out it sucked a piece of trash into one of the jets and my wheeler started crapping up.

change the plug and find out if that helps
Wesdaman
Mud Master
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/25 18:56:04
UPDATE:
I Bought a New Plug and 2 more Quarts of oil, And it did not make 1 Bit of a difference. Now It will Rev a Little Bit Higher, But once you put it into Gear the engine Just like Looses all its power. I'm so stumbled. 
Vamped400
Super Swamper
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/25 20:25:31
maybe you should rebuild your carb or buy a new used one. does it have good spark? maybe your coil or magneto is getting weak. Where are you located? if your in maine id take if off your hands..
post edited by Vamped400 - 2010/02/25 20:28:48
Wesdaman
Mud Master
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/02/25 20:56:27
cant be electrical because when i take the Air boot off the Carb it revs higher. so the carb is the problem. i just dont get how it messed up while riding it.
james2007755
Mud Maniac
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/03/02 19:00:20
i cant see the video because im at work,but from what ive read,it sounds like the diafram in the carb. may have a hole in it.just pull it out and check for holes or cracks.
Wesdaman
Mud Master
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/03/02 22:01:38
My Friend said it could also be bad gas, but it was doing fine then just quit suddenly so i dont think that could be a problem now could it ?
And The only Diaphragm on the Carb is in the Primer.
Took The Carb All Apart And Cleaned all the pieces with Carb cleaner and soaked em in it.

reconman18
Super Swamper
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/03/03 19:29:40
my guess would be that the carb boot has a whole in it,letting to much air in and not enough suckin.
Wesdaman
Mud Master
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/03/04 15:25:55
Let me check the boot,.
Vamped400
Super Swamper
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/03/04 20:17:00
the plug is black. too much air=white. too much gas=black. its not a lean problem. i also dont beleive its a "bad gas problem". its somthing in the carb for sure. id say rebuild/replace...

http://shop.ebay.com/i.ht...;_osacat=0&bkBtn=1

Wesdaman
Mud Master
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/03/06 15:03:07
I Put in a 7$ Spark Plug Today And tighten The Wiring Harness Up And It made a big Difference ! But It Still Lags badly on Startup. Would Water in the Gas Do This ? 
Vamped400
Super Swamper
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/03/06 18:05:12
is it a boggy/skipping lag? id say put heet in the gas or drain it, it wouldnt hurt.
Wesdaman
Mud Master
Re:ATV Wont Go When Given Gas, suzuki lt 125 atv 2010/03/06 19:51:29
YEah soon as i give it throttle it bogs down, then if i let off and then give it throttle it revs up just fine. but as soon as i put it into gear since it has to be lower rpm's it doesn't wanna move. i took the Air intake off and noticed when running alot of Gas spitting out to where the air intake boot goes.
seems like its getting to much gas, or its getting rid of water from the gas ??