Locked5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Mud Monster
2009/12/12 17:10:31
yesturday while getting off a school bus there was a 5 yr old boy killed by a drunk driver that came around the bus while the bus was stopped to let the child off.. then his mother was a couple of cars backs from the accident and tried to rush to the sceen to help her little boy and was hit by a fedex truck.. what do yall think should happen to the drunk driver? and keep the family in your prayers.. they live about 5 miles from me...
Mud lawdawg
Respected Member
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 17:16:44
This is why I specialized in DWI arrest.  Hopefully, the driver will get some jail time.  If people dont think drinking and driving is a problem then they need to take a good look around. 
fatcat 650
Mud Pro
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 17:20:28
I am sorry to hear this .

Is the mom going to make it ?

was she in a car are on foot when she was struck by the truck?
post edited by fatcat 650 - 2009/12/12 17:24:11
1badcat
Mud Monster
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 17:23:56
yes the mom is fine.. but the boy died last night...
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 17:25:17
The SOB need's to go to jail for a long time, IMO he need's the needle.
1badcat
Mud Monster
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 17:27:28
i agree
650brute
Mud Bogger
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 17:29:48
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ needs to fry!!!!! There should be on tolerance for drinking and driving!!!!!
coronaz71
Mud Maniac
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 17:30:18
Hopefully he is caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law possible. If it were my child that would not be enough. Take a life, yours must be taken as well. Lets just hope justice is served and he/she isnt given probation + community service for good behavior after 2-3 yrs of serving the jail sentance.
blondemafia76
Mud Slinger
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 17:45:59
IMHO its murder. Say what you want about the law- but when you get behind the wheel, its the same as shooting someone with a gun or stabbing them with a knife. Period. Let em fry.
Silveradols
Outlaw Extremist
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:01:05
I think they should bring back the electric chair or firing squad.  As an alcoholic who has been dry for 15yrs, I am so thankful that I never Killed anyone when I use to drink and drive.  I now know how stupid I was back then.  A car is just as much a deadly weapon as a gun, knife, etc.....
JCROSS450
Mud Pro
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:01:50
Very sad. But, until someone like this has happened to someone in your immediate family, you will never know what should really happen to them. I am speaking from experience. I will say this, it did not involve a school bus or a child. But to say that a person should be put to death for one mistake is a little harsh. I am totally against drunk driving and think if this happens you should get jail time for taking a life. But, to go to the extent of saying death, I think is a little harsh. I'm sure I will get bashed for this post but like I said, until someone in your immediate family is going through something like this, don't bash me for it. To see how it's affected his day to day life and everyday he thinks about what's happened, it's tough. It still does not bring back the innocent person who's life got taken, I know.
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:03:28
That would be to easy on him, make him feel the pain.
torture him
fatcat 650
Mud Pro
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:11:34
JCROSS450

Very sad. But, until someone like this has happened to someone in your immediate family, you will never know what should really happen to them. I am speaking from experience. I will say this, it did not involve a school bus or a child. But to say that a person should be put to death for one mistake is a little harsh. I am totally against drunk driving and think if this happens you should get jail time for taking a life. But, to go to the extent of saying death, I think is a little harsh. I'm sure I will get bashed for this post but like I said, until someone in your immediate family is going through something like this, don't bash me for it. To see how it's affected his day to day life and everyday he thinks about what's happened, it's tough. It still does not bring back the innocent person who's life got taken, I know.

x2
as unfortunate as this is
I agree the death penalty is for people who plan on taking a life.

The drunk driver didnt get in his car saying I want to kill a 5 year old today/ That is the diffrence . 

At most his charge will be intoxication manslaughter  he will recieve a maximum 5 year sentence be fined out the **** and  be out of prison in 2 years. 

As bad a situation as it is it was still a accident.

It can happen even if the driver isnt drunk

EXAMPLE=  You drop your coke in the floorboard bend down to get it and ''thump'' you are in this guys situation.  

You may not have been drunk but you have still taken a life.

With a good lawyer he will be on fellony probation / with a realy good lawyer if the cops make a mistake he will get off on a technicality/ The driver probaly wont serve more than 180 days in county jail and 10 years felony probation.
post edited by fatcat 650 - 2009/12/12 18:28:21
Mud lawdawg
Respected Member
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:19:00
JCROSS450

for someone's mistake????  How is it a mistake to drink alcohol to the point where your intoxicated and then decide to get behind the wheel?  The people that do this, INTENTIONALLY get drunk and make the choice of getting into thier vehicle and drive intoxicated.  ITS NOT A MISTAKE...

I have been the officer to give a death notification for this and had to hold a mother as she passed out into my arms after telling her that her son was not coming home.  That pain will NEVER compare to what the DRUNK goes through.  

OH, by the way...I can promise you that the person that killed this child it wasnt his/her first time to get behind the wheel intoxicated.  Stats show that the average dwi can drive from NY to CA and back without getting arrested for DWI...So, that tells all of us that when a drunk driver gets arrested, it wasnt his first time behind the wheel intoxicated. 
JCROSS450
Mud Pro
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:24:52
I agree Lawdawg. I couldn't imagine having to do that. But, no one intentionally gets drunk and says I'm going to kill someone. Lets take a poll on this forum and ask how many people have driven drunk. Probably 90% of the people would not be honest when answering. But, to say my father in law who has never had a speedin ticket, never had a dwi and was a regular workin american deserves the death penalty because he made a huge mistake of driving drunk and killin someone is absurd. He deserves whatever probation, jail time or whatever he ends up getting but to say he deserves the death penalty is wrong. I can't say what should happen to the repeat offenders but I will say that I know one person you will never have to worry about taking another drop of alcohol much less drink and drive.
Mud lawdawg
Respected Member
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:32:46
I never said the death penalty, but you cant not say it was a mistake..  A mistake is something that happened unintentionally.  An Intoxicated driver is not a mistake.  They intentionally got drunk and got behind the wheel.  NO one made him drive and he didnt accidently get intoxicated.  So for someone to say its a mistake is a joke.   Tell the family of the person who was killed it was just a mistake.   The only mistake in this is your father in law got caught.  If he wouldnt have been arrested, Im sure he would still be out there putting your family, my family and everyone elses family at risk
HondaGuy
Respected Member
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:35:58
Not trying to really start anything here, but, have you ever been drunk man? You make it sound like even though he was drunk he was still completely coherant enough to make extremely clear and educated decisions. I can tell you from personal experience that a drunk person is not gonna make an intelligent decision without some help, I've done some stupid crap and not remembered it till someone showed me pictures the next morning. The guy should get a serious penalty including serious jail time, but I also agree that the death penalty for something that was an accident, even one as tragic and terrible as this one was, is a little harsh expecially when the people that actually intend to kill someone and plan it out rarely get the death penalty in this country. I think he should be facing murder charges because of the whole drunk part, but the death penalty shouldn't be a consideration imo.
JCROSS450
Mud Pro
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:37:03
I see both sides of it which is why this will be my last post on this topic. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes tragic events for some people to learn. But, to say it was done intentionally is crazy. I will agree to disagree with you Lawdawg. You see more of this than the average american due to your line of work. I can only speak from one experience that I can tell you is horrible. I can only imagine being on the other side the next time.
Mudcat Grizz
Mud Master
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:37:36
JCROSS450

I agree Lawdawg. I couldn't imagine having to do that. But, no one intentionally gets drunk and says I'm going to kill someone. Lets take a poll on this forum and ask how many people have driven drunk. Probably 90% of the people would not be honest when answering. But, to say my father in law who has never had a speedin ticket, never had a dwi and was a regular workin american deserves the death penalty because he made a huge mistake of driving drunk and killin someone is absurd. He deserves whatever probation, jail time or whatever he ends up getting but to say he deserves the death penalty is wrong. I can't say what should happen to the repeat offenders but I will say that I know one person you will never have to worry about taking another drop of alcohol much less drink and drive.

I could see where you were coming from when I read your first post but after reading this one I understand why you're saying that. Your family member killed someone so thats why you feel strongly about them not being put to death. Try being on the side where your family member died and see if you would feel the same way.  I could not imagine going through either situation, but I would want them to pay no matter what side of the fence i was on.
JCROSS450
Mud Pro
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:41:42
Mudcat, you are correct. He should not get off scott free and he won't. He deserves whatever he ends up getting, but the death penalty is not the answer.

fatcat 650
Mud Pro
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:49:17
all legal / conviction matters aside the family of the boy and the drivers family both have my prayers.

The drivers family had nothing to do with this but I guess they should suffer aswell .

Mudlawdog If you accidently discharge your weapon and kill a innocent kid should you be executed ?

It is a irresponsible act that had concequences !
The only diffrence is the word Intoxication.
post edited by fatcat 650 - 2009/12/12 19:01:20
novassmaw
Mud Maniac
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 18:57:32
prayers to the family ive been sober 19 years i did some stupid things i never hurt no one physically.i was a mess with my family people dont understand how acholol effects people . the stupid things you do stuff people tell you what you did.i hope the driver rots in ****
Mud lawdawg
Respected Member
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 19:02:07
Like I said, I agree the death penalty is too much...I never said this person should get that.. However, people shouldnt get just 18 months and probation for this type of offense.

Jrcross, yes sometimes it does take something like this to change a person.  In your family's case, Im glad he has changed.  He takes alot for someone to change from this
Mud lawdawg
Respected Member
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 19:03:29
fatcat 650

all legal / conviction matters aside the family of the boy and the drivers family both have my prayers.

The drivers family had nothing to do with this but I guess they should suffer aswell .

Mudlawdog If you accidently discharge your weapon and kill a innocent kid should you be executed ?

It is a irresponsible act that had concequences !
The only diffrence is the word Intoxication.

yall need to read...I never said in any post that this person should get the death penalty...that was someone else.
JCROSS450
Mud Pro
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 19:05:11
My prayers go out to everyone who was involved. Couldn't imagine losing one of my kids. They are my life.
Outlaw355
Mud Master
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 19:09:51
that sounds like vehicular homicide to me
fatcat 650
Mud Pro
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 19:12:18
I am sorry  mud lawdog  I mis read / and yes the sentence he will get will not be justice .

As unfair as it is The maximum charge will be intoxication manslaughter  that only  caries  a maximaum of 5 years /  and that is if he even gets the maximum . They could even probate his time to 10 years felony probation.

quoting  Clifton ''scrappy'' holmes = ''To get a higher charge they would have to prove that he had intentions of killing.''

Outlaw 355 vehichular homicide is when the car is intentionaly used to take a life.
I have a friend that is a district attorney and he tells me simular stories to cases like this one that he works and the outcome is always the same.
post edited by fatcat 650 - 2009/12/12 19:19:20
650brute
Mud Bogger
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 19:31:05
its true! i was wrong for saying he needs to fry. But need to take a look a if he is a repeat offeneder or if it is his first time. I do think there should be stiffer punishment for people that do decided to get behind the wheel after they have a drink. I have lost a aunt to a drunk driver and to see a guy with 3 dwi get out of jail after only 5 years still dont bring my aunt back and he was arrested almost a year again for dwi.
6gears
Mud Bogger
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 20:45:11
I 2nd what mudlawdawg said........but if this was MY child, the **** drunk would never make a court date.  Sorry if that is a little harsh, but........
shooot
Mud Bogger
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 20:53:26
i will not lie if it was my kid i would pay the judge for the death penalty no i would pay for his bond and put a bullet in his head if it was my kid im sorry but someone i know  her kid that was 7 years old was killed by a drunk driver and he only got 4 years and a 5 year probation and it was his second time to get a dwi so yes as the good book says an eye for an eye
Bama Trail Rider
Mud Bogger
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 20:53:36
fatcat 650

JCROSS450

x2
as unfortunate as this is
I agree the death penalty is for people who plan on taking a life.

The drunk driver didnt get in his car saying I want to kill a 5 year old today/ That is the diffrence . 

At most his charge will be intoxication manslaughter  he will recieve a maximum 5 year sentence be fined out the **** and  be out of prison in 2 years. 

As bad a situation as it is it was still a accident.

It can happen even if the driver isnt drunk

EXAMPLE=  You drop your coke in the floorboard bend down to get it and ''thump'' you are in this guys situation.  

You may not have been drunk but you have still taken a life.

With a good lawyer he will be on fellony probation / with a realy good lawyer if the cops make a mistake he will get off on a technicality/ The driver probaly wont serve more than 180 days in county jail and 10 years felony probation.

If you plan to drink and then plan to drive, you have planned on possibly taking someones life! I say cowboy justice prevails.
350rancherboy
Super Swamper
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 21:42:53
this happened in my area last spring...very sad
Silveradols
Outlaw Extremist
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 22:32:36
Silveradols

I think they should bring back the electric chair or firing squad.  As an alcoholic who has been dry for 15yrs, I am so thankful that I never Killed anyone when I use to drink and drive.  I now know how stupid I was back then.  A car is just as much a deadly weapon as a gun, knife, etc.....

I was the one that said this.  I know it was harsh and to much.  However, we all know that he won't receive the punishment he deserves.
I can't even begin to imagine how terrible this tragedy was for this child's family.  It's a horrible situation on both sides.
my prayers go out to this family.
Swamp Star
Super Swamper
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 23:06:02
This is the worst thing anybody could ever imagine. A 5yr old thats awful. The drunk should be straped to a chair and cut off every finger at each joint and work your way up till there is nothing left so they could feel 1/100 of the pain the family feels for the loss of a child.
Swamp Star
Super Swamper
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/12 23:11:37
Mud lawdawg

for someone's mistake????  How is it a mistake to drink alcohol to the point where your intoxicated and then decide to get behind the wheel?  The people that do this, INTENTIONALLY get drunk and make the choice of getting into thier vehicle and drive intoxicated.  ITS NOT A MISTAKE...

I have been the officer to give a death notification for this and had to hold a mother as she passed out into my arms after telling her that her son was not coming home.  That pain will NEVER compare to what the DRUNK goes through.  

OH, by the way...I can promise you that the person that killed this child it wasnt his/her first time to get behind the wheel intoxicated.  Stats show that the average dwi can drive from NY to CA and back without getting arrested for DWI...So, that tells all of us that when a drunk driver gets arrested, it wasnt his first time behind the wheel intoxicated. 

Agreed 10000% that person made a choice to get in the vehical intoxicated and took a life POINT BLANK to **** with what you think a MISTAKE I say KILL THE **** in brutal fashion for EVERYONE to see.
THEROCK67SS
Mud Bogger
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/13 00:11:54
SHOULD GET DEATH BY HANGING IN FRONT OF THE COURT HOUSE NO TRIAL NEEDED . IF IT WAS MY KID I'D BE THE ONE IN JAIL FOR KILLING THAT DRUNK
post edited by THEROCK67SS - 2009/12/13 00:13:07
mulletman
Mud Slinger
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/13 12:05:02
i agree with mudlawdog on this one.  if you intentionally drink and drive then you might as well intentionally wreck and hurt someone i know hundreds of people drive every day drunk however i believe he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law not 5 years pen. and 5 years probation.  i think he should spend the rest of or majority of the rest of his life having to ask the boss man for more toilet paper i have seen drug charges (i work in a jail) get more time(life in one case) than crimes that hurt someone like murder etc. either way prayers go out to the childs family not the drunk however. sorry
davy
Trail Rider
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/13 12:18:01
-

post edited by davy - 2009/12/13 12:20:44
DeepWithinYou
Trail Rider
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/13 12:27:14
Swamp Star

This is the worst thing anybody could ever imagine. A 5yr old thats awful. The drunk should be straped to a chair and cut off every finger at each joint and work your way up till there is nothing left so they could feel 1/100 of the pain the family feels for the loss of a child.

I agree with this guy! I'm a mother of a 4 year old. IF this ever happened to him, and I hope it never does, the person, whether it's a male or female, would never make it to jail.

That's okay though. WHEN they catch him and he does get jail time, he won't be there long. Some big burly dude will find out what he did and **** him up. Prisoners, I don't care what you did, don't take killing children lightly.

I guess he better hope he never gets caught.

My prayers go out to the family.
1badcat
Mud Monster
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/13 15:20:09
i agree with most everyone.. i have driven drunk and no matter how drunk u r u still have that thought in ur head before u get behind the wheel what if i kill myself or someone but u still do it anyway.. i have 2 kids 4 yr old and a 8 yr old son.. and ive never been arrested. not saying that i never deserved to b but i never got caught.. i dont do anything crazy like that anymore but if it was my child i would kill the guy myself..everyone has a choice and u dont drink and drive mistakenly..this guy will meet his maker one day and if he gets off lightly here on earth he wont be that lucky when he has to answer to the lord himself.. my heart goes out to both families..
03Foreman450ES
Respected Member
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/13 15:24:10
2nd degree murder.  It wasn't pre-meditated so he can't get the death penalty. 

Howerver, I would prefer the death penalty in this case - public hanging.
ALABAMATERYX4
Trail Rider
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 11:50:12
he should get lotts of jail time. and on top of that. they should let the mother get ahold of the drunk driver with a baseball bat! i no my momma would.
Bump530
Outlaw Extremist
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 13:42:35
i know a lady sittin in jail right now servin a 12 year sentence for killin someone in her own car will drivin under the influence...she wasnt even above the legal limit but that didnt matter.  and the person that was killed was not wearing her seat belt.  there was a baby in the vehicle that had no injurys.   it was a shoulderless road that had been poorly maintained.  she veered just a lil too far, and then end result was a flipped vehicle.

i also have a friend that took his own life after killing someone while drivin drunk.
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 14:19:13
i have to admitt that im a First offense DWI"er back in 2000 (no car accident) and beleive me i have learned my lesson. i still drink, but have never gotten back behind the wheel even after 1 beer, beleive me or not, but i know i dont drink and drive anymore.
    i do have friends that still drink an drive an i try my best to get them let me drive them home or where ever they want to go if im not drinking, but some times they are just impossible. and if one of my friends (even though we or all close as **** an all like brothers ) was to kill anyone much less a kid in a accident because they were drinking. i would hope they get life in jail or the chair. and my friends know this of me. because i HAD a friend that killed a women an injured to kids on a golf cart for mardi gra that were in a yard watching the traffic pass by after the paraide last year. he goes to court Feb 3rd for 4 offense DWI, carless op of a vehical, crossing the center line, no insurance, no driver's license, speeding an vehical homicide. And i pray that he gets life for killing that women an hurting them kids. (which i know wont happen)
    i was overseas working when all this happened an when i got home he came ride by my house, he told me he was out of jail in a week. well i didnt think twice, the fight was on. im not proud or trying to bragg, but i beat him down with a shovel handle, broke 3 of his ribs, fractured his arm an broke his jaw.
    i had to pay a very heaffty fine a doc bills. but to me that nothing compared to the women that lost her life and the kids that got hurt. because of his stupidity . i didnt go to jail because my sister inlaw works for the DA in our parish.  i felt i owed the lady an kids that because she left behind a husband an 2 small children, and because he WAS 1 of my friends. when it comes to stuff like that, i maybe stupid as well, but i dont play with **** like that.

so with all that said, im pretty sure ya'll know what i think should happen to the guy that killed the 5 yr old. if not ya'll bring him to my house and i can show ya

sorry for the long opinion/story, but thats how i feel about it
1badcat
Mud Monster
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 15:36:24
ok now heres a twist in the story.. it was posted today in the paper that the driver of the car was NOT intoxicated in fact he didnt even have any alcohol in his blood test at all.so heres what happened the bus stopped to let the child off and he didnt feel like waiting so he tries to pass bus and hits and kills the little boy..
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 15:50:36
he still should burn in **** for it. its a kid for godsackes. its now where  near the kids fault
1badcat
Mud Monster
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 15:53:58
i agree it was the guys stupidity...
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 16:00:18
i cant see how anybody can do that. i mean how can you just pass up a bus knowing its stoped an kids or getting off.
post edited by grizzly guidry - 2009/12/16 16:08:21
Mud lawdawg
Respected Member
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 16:02:34
1badcat

ok now heres a twist in the story.. it was posted today in the paper that the driver of the car was NOT intoxicated in fact he didnt even have any alcohol in his blood test at all.so heres what happened the bus stopped to let the child off and he didnt feel like waiting so he tries to pass bus and hits and kills the little boy..

I this case he sould get little jail time and probation, if he has a clean record.  He committed a small violation when going around the bus, ONLY if the bus had it red flashing lights on.  Im guessing its against the law in that state to pass a school  bus with flasthing lights.  If so, then the this accident is the drivers fault.  I wouldnt give him too much jail time, since the child ran out from behind a bus.  Yes, the street is suppose to be clear from any traffic when a school bus loads or unloads but just like this, its not.  The child should have stopped and looked.  But no matter what, the driver is at fault.

Again, no matter what the story is, a Child has lost his life.  My son is about to be born in 35 days, and I hope I NEVER have to go through something like that.

Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 16:16:52
Mud lawdawg, i pray that it never happens an dont take me the wrong way. but if that was to happen to you child, would you still think he should get only a little jail time?

i mean isnt there a law saying pedestreins have the right away in situation like this? meaning school bus's side walks crossing the street. and im not talking about jwalking. i mean common sense tell you that if a bus is stopped, a kid is getting off the bus. i know if a bus is stopped an the lights arent flashing that i will still stop, because of the simple fact that a bus carries kids.
Mud lawdawg
Respected Member
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 16:33:56
Yes, some states have laws going around school buses while loading or unloading.  I would want jail time, but I wouldnt want him to spend the rest of his life in jail. 
1badcat
Mud Monster
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 18:06:11
ok let me clear this up lawdog the child didnt run from behind the bus.. it was stopped and red lights flashing and kids had to walk to the other side of the road to get home.. sorry if it seemed like im mad or being rude but that guy should get a min of 10 yrs in hard core prision to think about it.. his stupidity took a childs life..
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 18:24:40
i AGREEx2^^^

thats the thing with the law, people get off to easy.

i was in ABU DABI last year for work, its part of the United Arib Emeraint, where Dubia is located. well i was reading there local paper and a women stole a cell phone, well the law or who ever gives the punishments there gave her life for stealing the phone. Now you take ABU DABI, they havent had a murder or foolish accident like that in years, maybe even decades. im not saying the U.S.A. needs punishments like that, but when it comes to killing some because of foolishnes, well my vote is life or death. no if it was a pure accident, then okay. because its bad enough the person will have to live with that for the rest of his life. some things arent justifyable in my book. like this 5 yr boy losing his life because some fool doesnt want to wait for the school bus an his family having to live with this as well.

i mean some people, it wouldnt even bother them that they killed someone because there more worried that they might have to go to jail. just like in my post earlier where i said, my ONCE friend came by my house an all he said was that he was out of jail in a week. i mean we talked for about half hour before he said that an  i did what i did. but not once did he even say in the sorrow voice that you would expect someone to say after something like that (man i killed A lady, i killed A lady) to me that is just pure selfishness.

post edited by grizzly guidry - 2009/12/16 18:34:52
The Kid
Mud Master
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/16 18:51:35
Mud lawdawg

Yes, some states have laws going around school buses while loading or unloading.  I would want jail time, but I wouldnt want him to spend the rest of his life in jail. 

so i guess thats why my friend was sent up the creek for 20 yrs for having drugs on him. thats plano tx. killing a kid and you just get a slap on the hand but drugs can get you life.
Mud lawdawg
Respected Member
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/17 01:06:29
The Kid

Mud lawdawg

so i guess thats why my friend was sent up the creek for 20 yrs for having drugs on him. thats plano tx. killing a kid and you just get a slap on the hand but drugs can get you life.

Has nothing to do with Plano...FYI  I dont work for Plano.....If this occured in TX this is what he would be charged with

Sec. 19.04.  MANSLAUGHTER.  (a)  A person commits an offense if he recklessly causes the death of an individual.
(b)  An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree.

His punishment

Sec. 12.33.  SECOND DEGREE FELONY PUNISHMENT.  (a)  An individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the second degree shall be punished by imprisonment in the institutional division for any term of not more than 20 years or less than 2 years.
(b)  In addition to imprisonment, an individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the second degree may be punished by a fine not to exceed $10,000.

This is why I said a couple years in Jail and probation.  I dont make the laws, I just enforce them.  All I can do is file the report and then let the JURY (which is someone like you) decide on what they should get.  IF someone gets life because of the drugs, then blame the courts and not the officers. A Judge and Jury decide the amount of time in jail, not us cops.
post edited by Mud lawdawg - 2009/12/17 01:09:35
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/17 01:18:42
This is my take on what this d-bag deserves...He should be paralyzed from the neck down, not painfully, just paralyzed. He then should be placed in a small 3x3 or 4x4 room, with no windows or doors. Tied up to a chair (to hold him in it not to keep him from getting out).This room should contain a windtunnel system, and about 3 inches of sand blanketing the floor. He should then have his eyelids removed surgically and have the wounds sewed shut. The room should be completely sealed and turn on the wind tunnel. If you dont think dry eyes will kill you, let this loser prove it wrong.

Breakdown: Man should sit in closed room with eyelids off so that when the wind blows the sand around, he couldnt close his eyes or blink.

Oh and throw in a strobe light right in front of him for good measure.

But on a lighter note, My prayers go out to your community as well as the family that was involved in this tradgedy.

Gary
superbogger
Outlaw
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/17 01:32:44
j
post edited by superbogger - 2009/12/17 01:48:54
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/17 08:07:05
Mud lawdawg, i know you just enforce the laws, not make them. but can you see where most of us or coming from on this point?

like what was said by The Kid in his post earlier. you can get caught with a LBS of weed or a kilo of coke, and your under the jail for the rest of your life basicaly. but if you kill someone you just get probation or small jail time as a trustee. why is that?

you said the jury will decide his faith, well i dout that. because more the likely he will strick a deal with the DA an have a much less sentence because the DA just wants to say they got a conviction even if he was to only get 3 months in jail. thats a win in the book.

and if i was a jury member, i would say he was guilty and he wouldnt get out. i just cant beleive we live in a country where you can kill someone an be back to your normal life in a few short years. i guess i will say it like i always say, thats AMERICA FOR YA. the country is only worried about what might happen and not what has happened
Mud lawdawg
Respected Member
Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/17 08:56:08
Grizzy, I wish I could say how I feel.  That is one of the hardest parts of being a cop. We are human and wish the court system would do more.  But our hands are tied.  Remember, If you dont like what your DA is doing, then vote.  DA's are elected officals. 

Re:5 yr old boy killed by drunk driver 2009/12/17 09:17:22
yes they or elected in to that position. i can tell you that i voted for the DA thats in office for our parish now. but i think we all know to well the the one thats got the money an knows the power people that will win that election. at least thats how i have seen it in the past years. 

and i do commend you on your sevices. and your understanding as what it takes to be a good cop. i mean as to not pass judgement on people until they or proven guilty by the court of law. 

it is just sad to see a young boy lose his life over something stupid and his family sad for the rest of there life because there son has been taking away by a foolish act done by someone. my heart and prayer goes out to the family  
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2