Hot!dual plunging axles 2014 xp900 ranger

Author
Skegger
Grass Hog
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points: 0
2019/09/21 14:18:18 (permalink)

dual plunging axles 2014 xp900 ranger

I bought a 2 seasons ago a 4" high lifter for my 2014 polaris 900xp Ranger Browning edition,  post breaking a cv jiont apart on the stock axle. Included in the purchase of the 4 dual plunging axles was offset a-arms for the additional clearance. Upon completion of the initial installation which seemed to be uneventful installation,  I road tested the axles and found a left front outer bearing  or cv noise from my new dual plunge axles. Highlifter could not explain this and sent me a new one as they would not allow me to break the boot to investigate the deficiency without voiding the warranty. The new axle arrived in a timely manner, I exchanged the whole axle assembly and the cv niose continues. Highlifter stated they could not provide any good explanation and here i sit in a position of lack of confidence wondering if i bought the right product. I sent my unit into the shop yesterday for them to diagnosis the axle. I forego likely any wrranty should they break the boot seal but what else can be done??
Hunting season is upon me and i require to have my 4x4 functioning reliably. I rightfully have little confidence in this product and rightdfully have lack of confidence in highlifter at this point to get through this defect.  I called High lifter with no resolve and find myself short on solutions.  I fear to upgrade the tires from stock as the axles will break for sure. My 4x4 is a simple go cart due to this product not performing as it was intended. I dont think Highlifter is a bad product but i do feel there might be some compatability issues being stretched out to meet more sales. I hope this isnt the case but if it is this needs to be corrected. I cant even sell my machine in the state it is. The product has me in a pickle currently and any assistance would be very much appreciated.  Thanks in advance

2 Replies Related Threads

00_NUTT
    • Total Posts : 2797
    Re: dual plunging axles 2014 xp900 ranger 2019/09/22 14:41:12 (permalink)
    Skeggar I hate to hear that your having an issue. Did the shop open up the CV yet? I would make them take pictures every step of the way disassembling the CV. That way if something is found you have proof. Keep us updated.

00_NUTT
    1997 Honda 300 4x4
    Head Ported and Polished
    317 Kit
    Big Red Cam
    Clutch Kit
    SuperTrapp IDS2 Exhaust
    K&N Filter
    Carb Kit
    32" Interco Interforce II's
    16" MSA M30 Trottles
    Snorkled 
    54% gear reduction
    Honda 350 rear axle assm.

6" BPC CUSTOM LIFT WITH 8" STRETCH AND 3" BODY LIFT OLD 300 LOOKING GOOD AS EVER THANKS TO WHITNEY!!!!!

SON'S BIKE
    1998 Honda 300 2x4
    6" BPC LIft with some sick a-arms
    420 spindles and disk brakes
    29.5" OL2'S
    14" MSA M26 Vibes

Upcoming
    4x4 Frame and Motor that's here now just got to get to work on the swap over!!!
    54% Gear Reduction

keith93
    Grass Hog
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: dual plunging axles 2014 xp900 ranger 2019/10/08 21:49:33 (permalink)
    Too bad to hear about the issue! How's it now? Compatibility is really something hard to deal with, especially when the manufacturer has not given full details. My buddy had the same problem on his old Honda dirt bike which was hard to look for compatible shocks and brake kit. That's where having a good mechanic friend is an advantage. He's good at measuring and easily identified a compatible shocks he ordered from 4WheelOnline and now he got a good weekend toy.
    post edited by keith93 - 2019/10/08 21:50:53
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5