Lockedbrute force 750 clutch spring setup.need help asap.eating belts

Author
boyscout750
Mud Monster
  • Total Posts : 393
  • Reward points: 0
2012/08/27 10:36:57 (permalink)

brute force 750 clutch spring setup.need help asap.eating belts

i know everybody is going to bash me about the "search" feature but i am haveing some issues that im not sure if is the belt or my secondary spring. im running a pink primary,54g weights and ive got a red and yellow secondary spring. i had the red on first but wanted some more bite so i went to the yellow spring. at the same time i put that new belt that everybody said is supposed to be better than factory but it didnt last but about two rides. im running 31" skinny/wide laws and we ride dirt roads alot when we are not at the offroad parks. im wondering if my problem may be the yellow secondary or if it was the belt. i put a brand new oem belt back on yesterday and went back to the red spring cause i dont know which was the issue.i loved the tension of the yellow spring but if it is too tight for riding dirt roads along with alot of mud then i dont want to keep destroying belts.any ideas would be greatly appreciated. ive got a big ride coming up this weekend and i would rather put the yellow back in but im not gonna keep changing it out just to go on rides. any ideas guys?

2010 Brute Force 750 Lime green
31in laws skinny/wide
14in black SS 212 wheels
extreme lift
HL lift springs
HL rad relocation kit
Snorkeled
Epi clutch kit
HL heavy duty tie rods
Rhino Axles
stereo

5 Replies Related Threads

lilbigtonka
    Mud Pro
    • Total Posts : 1635
    Re:brute force 750 clutch spring setup.need help asap.eating belts 2012/08/27 12:20:02 (permalink)
    do not put yellow back in........it generates alot of heat and that is what is killing the belts trying to trail/cruise with 31 and a yellow......red is a much better spring even though i would suggest a vfj clutch springs they are around 25 bucks a secondary spring.......use only a highlifter 3gx or dayco xtx, same belt none the less or a factory oem....nothing else......your shreading belts because trailing with the yellow

08 Brute Force.....
    2000 Honda 300.....Submarine nuff said

boyscout750
    Mud Monster
    • Total Posts : 393
    Re:brute force 750 clutch spring setup.need help asap.eating belts 2012/08/27 19:46:59 (permalink)
    The dayco xtx was the one I was running I believe.I normally always run an oem belt.on my 06 brute I ran an almond secondary with the same primary setup and never had trouble.was running 29.5 skinny/wide laws then though with an oem belt and never once had any issues. But when I bought the 2010 model I went with 31s and didn't want any slipping issues so I tried the yellow and that was apparently not a good idea.lol. thanks for the reply. It does make me feel better cause that's what I was worried about when it fried a brand new belt.as for the vfj spring I might try it sometime.I know it ain't much but it adds up.lol. I'm gona run my epi red secondary for now until I get a lil extra cash and ill try the spring you are talkn about.thanks again.

2010 Brute Force 750 Lime green
    31in laws skinny/wide
    14in black SS 212 wheels
    extreme lift
    HL lift springs
    HL rad relocation kit
    Snorkeled
    Epi clutch kit
    HL heavy duty tie rods
    Rhino Axles
    stereo
    scarface300
    Super Swamper
    • Total Posts : 2382
    Re:brute force 750 clutch spring setup.need help asap.eating belts 2012/08/31 11:29:31 (permalink)
    Best thing to do is sell the kit u have and send your primary to vfj. He will set it up a send u a secondary. Ive ran both waya and got alot more from my vfj setup. I can run almost 50 in low range and still sling any tire i put on it. Had the setup about 2 yrs with built motor and have only broken 1 belt an that was because my throttle hung in thick mud when i was stuck. After about 2 and a half minutes it snapped the belt lol

A couple of 300s

A couple of brutes

TEAM DO WORK: OAK PARK CHAPTER!

stingertrey
    Super Swamper
    • Total Posts : 2015
    Re:brute force 750 clutch spring setup.need help asap.eating belts 2012/08/31 11:44:24 (permalink)
    Scarface, can you PM me the peicing and details of Vfj's work? I got a buddy with a 2012 brute n hes thirsty for more.

13' RZR 570------SOUTHEASTERN SWAMP MAFIA
    5" Outkast
    Legend air ride suspension
    31" outlaws on bronze elixers
    Loaded out
    scarface300
    Super Swamper
    • Total Posts : 2382
    Re:brute force 750 clutch spring setup.need help asap.eating belts 2012/08/31 15:54:55 (permalink)
    His machine mods run around 350 and 25 for each spring. He sells bushings and buttons too depending on the wear on your clutch parts.

A couple of 300s

A couple of brutes

TEAM DO WORK: OAK PARK CHAPTER!

Jump to:
    © 2015 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5