LockedURL's in posts and signatures

Author
Outlaw_ Monster
Mud Monster
  • Total Posts : 432
  • Reward points: 0
2004/11/04 10:58:22 (permalink)

URL's in posts and signatures

It has come to our attention that many High Lifter Forum Members are, unknowingly, using the forum as a means to advertise for other websites and businesses that are in the ATV product retail business. High Lifter spends a considerable amount of money to provide this forum to it's members as a courtesy, a way for our customers to communicate with each other to share ideas, information, and riding techniques...and our way of saying "thanks" for being a loyal High Lifter customer.

However, recently, this issue has gotten out of hand and forced forum management to make a blanket statement concerning web-links. In an effort to not single out any one business, industry, or website, links to ATV RELATED RETAIL WEBSITES or websites that regularly sell ATV accessories, modifications, or other products will no longer be allowed to appear in any form on the High Lifter Forum in posts and/or signatures. Please refrain from including URLs in your posts or signatures to any website of this type. The High Lifter forum moderators will immediately delete URLs fitting these descriptions in the future.

Thank You
High Lifter Management

NOTE TO MODERATORS

If you encounter a post or signature that is in violation, immediately delete the URL with no explanation or pm necessary. Keep up the great job that you are doing. Thank you.

9 Replies Related Threads

onebadoutlaw500cc
    Grass Hog
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: URL's in posts and signatures 2007/07/08 19:41:48 (permalink)
    k thanks a lot i will keep that in mind

2006 outlaw 500cc Fox racing suspention front and back, new mufler, little muddy and new rims and wheels
    Smokey680
    Dirt Monster
    • Total Posts : 59
    RE: URL's in posts and signatures 2008/04/17 02:30:05 (permalink)
    are you guys afraid that you don't have that good of a product or that your prices are to high or what. competion is what makes products better in my opinion. if you were the only company around nothing would change. i am a repected member of numerous forums and none of them do this. a forum should be used to get opinions good and bad.

2006 Honda Rincon 680
    28" Mudbugs
    ITP Wheels
    3in Xtremeatver lift
    Kimpex Rear Seat
    Custom Audiopipe
    PCIII
    FMF Exhaust
    Custom Snorkel

2007 Honda Rancher 400AT
    Stock For Now
    RWS
    Trail Rider
    • Total Posts : 132
    RE: URL's in posts and signatures 2008/06/06 09:31:06 (permalink)
    competion is what makes products better in my opinion. if you were the only company around nothing would change. i am a repected member of numerous forums and none of them do this. a forum should be used to get opinions good and bad.

[sm=agreed.gif]
    outlawmonster29.5
    Dirt Monster
    • Total Posts : 64
    rancher420 28 edls hmf 2 inch lift clutch kit bbig bore and k&n 2008/10/08 20:22:22 (permalink)
    ok

black  rancher 420
    hmf
    k&N
    competion stall clutch kit 
    28 outlaws skinnys   on maxis rims
    snorkle
    radiator moved
    cdi 
    2 inch lift 
    gear reduction 
    exhaust snorkle
    bored .5 over

kesmith7
    Grass Hog
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: rancher420 28 edls hmf 2 inch lift clutch kit bbig bore and k&n 2009/12/13 20:56:16 (permalink)
    I have a 2000 model Honda 300 fourtrax.  It has a jet kit, 1" lift and a IDS2 exhuast. I am wanting to put a clutch kit in it, and bigger tires.  The factory tires have a 1" difference in size between the front and back.  What size tire would be good for this machine and should I keep the 1" offset in tire size?  Or can I go the same size all the way around? Im thanking about putting 27s or 26 inch tires on this machine with 1 1/2 wheel spacers. 
    attapulgusjerry
    Grass Hog
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: URL's in posts and signatures 2010/02/15 10:18:33 (permalink)
    Smokey680

are you guys afraid that you don't have that good of a product or that your prices are to high or what. competion is what makes products better in my opinion. if you were the only company around nothing would change. i am a repected member of numerous forums and none of them do this. a forum should be used to get opinions good and bad.

I don't think they're afraid -- I think they're just bein' smart about not advertising they're competitor's product -- it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why CBS doesn't run commercials for NBC programming.   Nobody's sayin' we can't have our opinions -- they're just sayin' don't use their money to advertise their competitors' stuff.

Attapulgus Jerry
    Happily Slayin' Moccasins & Gators for Over 5 Decades
    And Just a Swamp Terror in General.

Proud Member of The Attapulgus Gang

BIG BAD HONDA15
    Trail Rider
    • Total Posts : 82
    RE: URL's in posts and signatures 2010/04/14 18:35:01 (permalink)
    Smokey680

you cant BASH highlifter they r the ones who started it all , the reason why we talk about hardcore atv muddin, they took it to another level so you have to respect that and let them make the rules. plus they could make us pay for this forum. the only thing is i cant see why they r worried they r on top of the mountain and always will b.

08 420 rancher
    -supertrapp mudslinger
    -epi clutch kit
    -uni airfilter
    -27" mudwizers on ss
    -2" lift w/lift springs
    -snork w/vent lines
    -warn winch
    Jonathan680
    Mud Master
    • Total Posts : 814
    RE: URL's in posts and signatures 2010/04/14 18:55:50 (permalink)
    Can we still PM people links to products that you all do not carry? I get asked about backrest, HID's, and other items all the time and simply PM them the info. Still cool?

09 POLARIS 850 XP:
    ATV GURU BrushGuards, Pitbull Rocker 26.5's skinny/wide combo, AP Skid Plates, H.I.D.'s, Viper Elite 3000 Winch,
    Custom Rear Rack Plate, Rear Rack Ext., San Angelo Backrest, O.D.I. Grips, Front Box, Gun Boot, L.E.D.'s,
    1in RDC Spacers
    09 POLARIS 550 XP EPS:
    ATV GURU BrushGuards
    ITP SS-212's
    27in ITP XTR's
    Vamped400
    Super Swamper
    • Total Posts : 2700
    RE: URL's in posts and signatures 2010/04/14 18:57:53 (permalink)
    Jonathan680

Can we still PM people links to products that you all do not carry? I get asked about backrest, HID's, and other items all the time and simply PM them the info. Still cool?

yes. mods cant read your pm's

98 foreman 450
    04 rm 125
    02 edge x 800
    85 quadrunner 250 
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5