LockedURL's in posts and signatures

Author
Outlaw_ Monster
Mud Monster
  • Total Posts : 432
  • Reward points: 0
2004/11/04 10:56:44 (permalink)

URL's in posts and signatures

It has come to our attention that many High Lifter Forum Members are, unknowingly, using the forum as a means to advertise for other websites and businesses that are in the ATV product retail business. High Lifter spends a considerable amount of money to provide this forum to it's members as a courtesy, a way for our customers to communicate with each other to share ideas, information, and riding techniques...and our way of saying "thanks" for being a loyal High Lifter customer.

However, recently, this issue has gotten out of hand and forced forum management to make a blanket statement concerning web-links. In an effort to not single out any one business, industry, or website, links to ATV RELATED RETAIL WEBSITES or websites that regularly sell ATV accessories, modifications, or other products will no longer be allowed to appear in any form on the High Lifter Forum in posts and/or signatures. Please refrain from including URLs in your posts or signatures to any website of this type. The High Lifter forum moderators will immediately delete URLs fitting these descriptions in the future.

Thank You
High Lifter Management

Forum Acceptable Use Policy
Is located at the bottom of each H/L forum page.
The link above will take you to the A.U.P. page.

NOTE TO MODERATORS

If you encounter a post or signature that is in violation, immediately delete the URL with no explanation or pm necessary. Keep up the great job that you are doing. Thank you.
post edited by 4bama1 - 2008/01/18 19:28:12

4 Replies Related Threads

RondackRider
    Dirt Monster
    • Total Posts : 67
    Re: URL's in posts and signatures 2005/06/18 23:23:19 (permalink)
    Please check my message below and tell me if this is in violation. I gave a customer service phone number for a major mfg. It's not a link, but a phone number. I respect your forum rules and wish to comply the best I can. What do you think about this message, is this ok .........?

If you are still having problems, call Warn at 800-543-9276. Go to extension 3607 (Judy) and she can help you or put you to someone who can. I had my winch apart and had some questions on parts and lube etc. She spent all the time I needed talking to me. Not in any hury to get rid me, very very helpful and friendly. I was impressed with their customer service and tech support. Usually, companies try to get rid of you as quick as they can so they can take the next call. Warn (Judy) sent me emails and faxed me info etc more than once. She is very helpful and will find your answer if she don't know it. Give it a try.

Thanks for providing a great forum for us to use!
    tytyrecon
    Trail Rider
    • Total Posts : 116
    RE: Re: URL's in posts and signatures 2008/09/30 09:58:57 (permalink)
    are myspace urls bad?

2000 recon
    completely rebuilt engine and rear end
    24x11-10 ------front
    25x12.5-9 -----back
    bearclaws all the way around
    jeep taillight
    custom monster warning labels
    No more snorkal :"/ it was messing up the air flow
    One 16 year old operator
    GOT R DID ;]

http://myspace.com/clutz_tyler
    hit me up!!

i still dont see the point of irs in a sport quad its kinda like a screen door in a submarine
    gamewarden66
    Grass Hog
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: RE: Re: URL's in posts and signatures 2010/03/15 17:51:10 (permalink)
    I am running a website featuring free atv games, and hopping that this would not be considered a spam, since first of all I am not selling a thing, and second of all, my signature links do contribute to this forum.

Lastly, I have tried very hard to collect all atv games that I could find on the internet, and it makes the largest atv games collection so far.

Cheers
    Kentucky Boggers
    Trail Rider
    • Total Posts : 127
    Re: RE: Re: URL's in posts and signatures 2011/12/14 21:55:37 (permalink)
    can i tell bout my youtube vids?

Kentucky Boggers

-The Swamp Buggy-
    2001 Honda Rubicon 500-
    4" lift
    26" vamps
    ITP delta steel rims
    HMF pipe
    Jet kit
    Snorkel
    All balls racin bearings
    Boss audiotube