LockedReally need some help - new Kawasaki Brute Force 750 owner - won't start - trip booked alr

Author
dbros
Grass Hog
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points: 0
2011/08/03 09:26:25 (permalink)

Really need some help - new Kawasaki Brute Force 750 owner - won't start - trip booked alr

Well I did the switch went from Polaris to a Brute Force, hope I'm not paying for it already. I picked up an 08 Fuel Injected with 600 miles, nice shape. I've owned for a week, all was fine until last night, it would not start. Gave it a shot of ether and she fired, so fuel problem. But before I did that I put a jump pack on because the battery seemed weak, it fired up! I shut it off, still same problem, the jump pack was just a fluke. Still would not start even with jump pack, but what I did find was that where I rested the jump pack, seemed to jar something, a connector or something, cleaned all the connectors, she fired up 3 times in a row! 4th time, back to the same problem, will not start - no gas, its got to be something simple, some how I'm finding the problem, but not resolving it.

Of course I have a trip paid for already to Maine for this weekend!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dennis

2 Replies Related Threads

Muddy Fire
    Mud Master
    • Total Posts : 861
    Re:Really need some help - new Kawasaki Brute Force 750 owner - won't start - trip booked 2011/08/05 07:31:40 (permalink)
    How many hours are on the bike? If you have 100+ hours on it, it is probably due for a valve adjustment. Also if the battery isn't fully charged it wont start. Since you mentioned cleaning the electricle plugs, I would recommend recleaning them again. Something I found that worked well for me was I sprayed some starting fluid on the contacts, let dry good and put die-electric grease on them and havn't had a problem with them since.
    If the bike has sat for a while before you bought it, the injecters and/or fuel system could be gummed up from the ethonal in the fuel. These are some quick idea's of what could be wrong. Check these out and see what you find out.

2008 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 SRA 
    28" Maxxis Zilla's on ITP SS-106 Wheels, 2" lift 
    K&N Filter w/ Prefilter, Dynatek CDI
    Full Muzzy Exhaust, Jetted 145F, 148R
    MIMB 2" Center Snorkels
    Viper Max 3000 lb Winch w/ Amsteal Rope
    Bison Bumpers, Split Audio Tube
    Tempature Gauge

V-Force John Stage 2 Clutch Mod w/ Stock Primary & Black Sec. Springs 
    Radiator relocate
    Garmin Etrex Vista HCX GPS
    Catch Can Mod 

Intake Crossover Mod 

GoatManx
    Outlaw
    • Total Posts : 4400
    Re:Really need some help - new Kawasaki Brute Force 750 owner - won't start - trip booked 2011/08/10 07:40:42 (permalink)
    Can you hear the fuel pump kicking on?

Gotta agree with Muddy... Could be valve adjustment... when you put the jumper pack on there it spins it over faster which builds a little more compression before it bleeds off back out the intake valves and cranks. Once you get it running does it stay running or does it randomly cut off?

Kawasaki Teryx 820 V-Twin
    Polaris Rzr 800 Twin
    Jump to:
    © 2015 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5