Hot!Polaris Overheating

Author
jkruchten
Grass Hog
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2019/08/25 21:41:19 (permalink)

Polaris Overheating

Alright here is the deal. I have a 2016 Polaris 850 SP. I use my machine for trail riding and snow plowing. I took it mudding through a bunch a big holes 1 time and now I am having over heating issues. I took it apart cleaned it up, that didn't fix it. I took it to the shop and they didn't fix it. I rode 3 miles and it over heated, took it apart again cleaned it up some more and rode 7 miles this time and it over heated. Everytime it goes into limp mode. Took it out the next day and got 50 miles before it started acting up. After that trip, I took it to the Dealer again. They had it for 2 weeks, I told them to put some miles on it and everything. They did, it didn't over heat. They put it on the computer and no error goes came up and nothing was in the history for errors. Water pump was working right. Temp was good after letting the machine run. Nobody seems to know whats going on with it. When I run it and it goes into limp mode. I play with the throttle and run it a little and its like hitting a NOS button and just takes off. Over temp light goes off and goes out of limp mode. I can feel it heating up through the seat on my ****, but again Dealer says not error codes come up. Please  help me! I am frustrated

2 Replies Related Threads

00_NUTT
    • Total Posts : 2797
    Re: Polaris Overheating 2019/08/26 18:12:40 (permalink)
    Probably a faulty thermistor/temp sensor. You didn't say if the fan was running. So it could be a relay or thermostat or temp sensor. I believe you can unplug the temp sensor and the fans should come right one. Probably will throw and error but it will clear up when you plug it back. Also make sure you can freely wash water through the radiator fins all over cause even a little plugged up area will cause issues.

00_NUTT
    1997 Honda 300 4x4
    Head Ported and Polished
    317 Kit
    Big Red Cam
    Clutch Kit
    SuperTrapp IDS2 Exhaust
    K&N Filter
    Carb Kit
    32" Interco Interforce II's
    16" MSA M30 Trottles
    Snorkled 
    54% gear reduction
    Honda 350 rear axle assm.

6" BPC CUSTOM LIFT WITH 8" STRETCH AND 3" BODY LIFT OLD 300 LOOKING GOOD AS EVER THANKS TO WHITNEY!!!!!

SON'S BIKE
    1998 Honda 300 2x4
    6" BPC LIft with some sick a-arms
    420 spindles and disk brakes
    29.5" OL2'S
    14" MSA M26 Vibes

Upcoming
    4x4 Frame and Motor that's here now just got to get to work on the swap over!!!
    54% Gear Reduction

johngolds43
    Grass Hog
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Polaris Overheating 2019/09/08 11:20:23 (permalink)
    clean the radiator.  if you have a winch it may really be hard to get at.  I just picked an 07 that had the same problem.  I soaked the radiator with 3 kcans of carb cleaner, and then gentle used a preasure washer to blow the junk out. It looked like mississippi river water coming out.  now it cools good.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5