LockedPlace to ride in Cleburne, Tx Area

Author
macadoow
Grass Hog
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points: 0
2009/06/27 15:03:34 (permalink)

Place to ride in Cleburne, Tx Area

I found a pretty nice place to ride today.  It is called Sandlin's Camp on the River.  It is no Gator Run or anything like that but it is still a very nice place to ride and camp around this area.  It is located in the Brazos River bottoms.  There is plenty of shade to camp.  RVs were welcome, but no hook ups or dump stations.  The guy said the only real rules they have are 1. No Glass containers 2. No speeding or playing in the camping area.  He said pets are allowed.  There is a designated riding area.  This weekend he said there was going to be 2 bands out there for entertainment.  Cost is very reasonable to camp...$10 dollars per adult per day.  Don't remember how much he said kids were.  Beautiful area.  Not much mud riding though but pretty good trails.  I believe trucks, ATVs, and UTVs, are welcome.  I am now planning on going camping out there for the 4th. 

Directions are:  Take Hwy 67 west from Cleburne.  Turn Left on FM 199 and follow it to the end.  There will be a little bit of a Y in the road but stay to the right.  Pay at the gate.  It doesn't look like much at first glance but turns out it was a nice place. 

You can also float the Brazos in a tube or a Canoe right up the road.  It is about 2-3 miles outside of Glen Rose. 

I can't wait to go back.  If you need any information let me know I will see if I can't get a phone number when I go back out there.

4 Replies Related Threads

TXFATMAN
    Trail Rider
    • Total Posts : 118
    Re:Place to ride in Cleburne, Tx Area 2009/06/27 15:10:01 (permalink)
    sound like it would be a nice ride to get out for a day.  

Texas Mud Hole Patrol
    '08 Brute Force 750 x2      
    pen-locked  x2
    lifted  x2
    clutched x2
    winched x2
    exausted x2
    snorkled x2
    radiator relocate x1
    joey59
    Mud Monster
    • Total Posts : 461
    Re:Place to ride in Cleburne, Tx Area 2009/06/28 14:42:15 (permalink)
    yeah, get a number or website and how many acres would be good to know.

09 Red 850XP EPS 
     28" Zillas and Black ss108's

Polaris Optional Wheels  w/Bighorns
    Polaris brush guards, backrest, rear rack, front storage box.
     J. Stong stereo box w/Lowrance GPS
    Custom Stereo/GPS box soon soon!!  
    gotmuddy
    Respected Member
    • Total Posts : 20258
    Re:Place to ride in Cleburne, Tx Area 2009/06/28 22:00:25 (permalink)
    The brazos River is beautiful there below the Lake Granbury dam.  We used to do some mudding just north of Glen Rose next to the river.

300trx rear differential and axle for sale, msg me.
    Heftysmurf

The power of social media.  Some people forgot the good ole days of just picking up the phone and talking to another human being. 

macadoow
    Grass Hog
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re:Place to ride in Cleburne, Tx Area 2009/06/29 12:48:30 (permalink)
    I will try to get back out there this week some time to get a phone number.  You might be able to call the honda shop in cleburne or the yamaha shop in burleson to find out the number.  he said they are regulars and they are trying to get people out there to help keep it going. 

As far as acres go, he couldn't tell me even a rough guesstimate of how many. 
    Jump to:
    © 2015 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5