Hot!My first swamped wheeler - advice?

Author
MNHL850
Grass Hog
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points: 0
2018/07/05 12:58:12 (permalink)

My first swamped wheeler - advice?

I swamped my 2017 sportsman 850 highlifter, flipped it completely over in a creek. The engine killed before I could turn it off. We flipped it upright and winched it out of the water, I pulled the drain to the clutch case and no water came out, (on flat land). I pulled the seat off and took the air cleaner plate off and water and mud poured out, so we pulled the plugs out, EFI relay, Fuel pump relay and fuel pump fuse. Flipped the wheeler so the plug holes faced down. Cranked on the starter and got A LOT of water out. Set the wheeler down and cranked it again, more water came out. I winched it up on the trailer and got it home, it started just fine and idled fine. Oil was changed 3 times to get the water out of the oil. Now I haven't changed trans fluid or any gear case oil yet front or rear, that's next. When I started up the engine after the last oil change I got a bad whining/zinging noise. Thought it was engine but after using a stethoscope it seems to be coming from trans or clutch. Would low fluid/water filled fluid cause a noise like this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 Reply Related Threads

MNHL850
    Grass Hog
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Reward points: 0
    My first swamped wheeler - advice? 2018/07/05 13:02:23 (permalink)
    https://youtu.be/wFBbQNls7Oo

Here is a video of the sound

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5