LockedFire Extinguisher????

Author
smcox1
Mud Bogger
  • Total Posts : 186
  • Reward points: 0
2011/01/19 10:04:16 (permalink)

Fire Extinguisher????

Just wondering if anyone packs around a small fire extinguisher either on your 4wheeler or utv? Post pics if you have one

"Don't argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his
level and beat you with experience"

2003 700 Twin popo sportsman
Big Gun Evo exhaust soon to be dual exhaust
Billet shifter
Custom front bumper
Pure Polaris rear grab bar
Windshield
Kolpin fuel pack
Kolpin 2" three-way hitch
2000lb. Winch
Rear winch
Smoked 3rd headlight
Smoked taillight
Diamond plated a-ARM gaurds
Diamond plated Rad gaurd
Pure Polaris skids
And enough light to turn night into day!!
SOON TO COME 
14" HD3 rims
28" ol2's or terminators
Yellow top optima with super Atv rzr bracket
'87 Honda fourtrx 350
PROJECT BIKE !!!

24 Replies Related Threads

smcox1
    Mud Bogger
    • Total Posts : 186
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/01/19 10:18:26 (permalink)
    Here's where i got mine mounted

And just to show off my new diamond plated back rack!!

"Don't argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his
    level and beat you with experience"

2003 700 Twin popo sportsman
    Big Gun Evo exhaust soon to be dual exhaust
    Billet shifter
    Custom front bumper
    Pure Polaris rear grab bar
    Windshield
    Kolpin fuel pack
    Kolpin 2" three-way hitch
    2000lb. Winch
    Rear winch
    Smoked 3rd headlight
    Smoked taillight
    Diamond plated a-ARM gaurds
    Diamond plated Rad gaurd
    Pure Polaris skids
    And enough light to turn night into day!!
    SOON TO COME 
    14" HD3 rims
    28" ol2's or terminators
    Yellow top optima with super Atv rzr bracket
    '87 Honda fourtrx 350
    PROJECT BIKE !!!
    Mud lawdawg
    Respected Member
    • Total Posts : 3584
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/01/23 08:34:19 (permalink)
    Its a good thing to have one.  I dont think I would mount it there.  To big of a chance for someone to hit it causing the fire extinguisher to go off.   Would hate to see that thing go off and someone breath the chemicals in it..I have and spent several hours in the ER with breathing problems.

Mine
    08  700 DU,
    29.5, 12" lift, HMF, ///, pc3, snork'd

Wife's
    07 700 SE
    29.5 ,snork's, 2" lift,HMF, TMHP "Girl Power" Rad relocate, Clutch kit, Led's, Custom Radio 
    TMHP 

sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    • Total Posts : 1440
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/01/23 10:18:34 (permalink)
    Yall need one of these...they are great. No Messy aftermath and wont harm anything!

http://www.firesupplydepot.com/fire-extinguishers.html

This is personal experience, we use the fireade 2000 foam at the FD i work at, the small extinguisher is perfect for home, car, atv, etc.. besides no clean up, no powder, non hazardous, has the same pH balance as water.....

Triangle ATV
    JTugwell
    Mud Master
    • Total Posts : 849
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/01 09:08:31 (permalink)
    ive got a halon extinguisher in mine.  i had a big bear that caught on fire one time and i put it out with a chemical one.  i swear i had more problems with getting that stuff off, that problems from the actual fire. 

-Justin

2012 Polaris RZR S 800 LE

Viper Elite 4500 Winch
    SSV Works Sound System 

2011 Polaris Sportsman 850 XP EPS:  SOLD
    2009 Honda Rancher 420 ES EPS: SOLD 

[color=
    jeremy7286
    Mud Pro
    • Total Posts : 1273
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/01 09:25:17 (permalink)
    Yep Dry Chemical is pretty hard stuff to get off. It will also cause metals to rust if left on over a long period of time. As far as that little dinky can listed above is junk. Sorry I wouldn't trust it with my truck, car, shop, or anything of value. It doesn't have a gauge on it some you check to see if its working ready. Also its only rated for class A & B fires not C class (Electrical Fires). So most likely it conducts electricity. Even though Dry Chemical Extinguishers get every where when you use them they are the most efficient way to extinguish a fire. Plus for 10 more dollars you can have a rechargeable extinguisher.

Randy Miller Racing
    91CavGT
    Mud Master
    • Total Posts : 760
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/02 18:42:34 (permalink)
    I've got a lot of 2 pound and 5 pound extinguishers in my garage that I get from work.  They are the dry chemical kind, but all of them have pressure gauges on them so I know that are all good to go.  I keep one in my truck when towing or going long distances.  I haven't found a way to permemntaly mount one in my truck yet so that's why I don't carry one all the time.

It is nice though having a 5 pound extinguisher under the kitchen sink and 2 pound extinguishers under our bathroom sinks. 

2005 Suzuki Ozark, modded SOLD

1991 Honda Fourtrax 300 4X4  - mine
    Dirt Cheap Fourtrax Build

2010 Chinese 110cc  - one of my son's
    1983 Suzuki LT125  - my other son's
    198X Suzuki LT185  - The wife's
    sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 15:21:10 (permalink)
    jeremy7286

Yep Dry Chemical is pretty hard stuff to get off. It will also cause metals to rust if left on over a long period of time. As far as that little dinky can listed above is junk. Sorry I wouldn't trust it with my truck, car, shop, or anything of value. It doesn't have a gauge on it some you check to see if its working ready. Also its only rated for class A & B fires not C class (Electrical Fires). So most likely it conducts electricity. Even though Dry Chemical Extinguishers get every where when you use them they are the most efficient way to extinguish a fire. Plus for 10 more dollars you can have a rechargeable extinguisher.

Have you ever used it? do you know anything about the fireade 2000 products? If not go to their website, we use it by the 55 gallon drums here at the FIRE STATION, so i really dont think i would be recommending something that wouldn't be perfect for an atv since most atv fires are either fuel related or an electrical short which in turns ignites something else that is a class a or b.....Even if you have a class  C extinguisher, its still an energized source till you kill the power, then your right back at an A class, where we started from! 

..............therefore this little dinky can is perfect for an atv and can be stowed anywhere..... fireade has a cooling property and a suffocating property.......Dry Chems dont! Plus they make one heck of a mess.  
    Sure its only rated for A & B fires, but all C class fires are A fires when you turn the electrical off.  

"for 10 dollars more......." yes you can have a rechargable one, but it will cost you as much to recharge it as it will to buy a new one every time.
    post edited by sfd_324 - 2011/02/03 15:29:45

Triangle ATV
    Mud lawdawg
    Respected Member
    • Total Posts : 3584
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 15:38:12 (permalink)
    There is no such thing as an electrical fire.  Like stated above, its only the ignition source.   The foam extinguisher like above is only removing the oxygen part of the fire.  Every fire truck you see has foam onboard. 

Actually, dry chem fire extinguisher suffocates fires out.  They take the oxygen out of the fire. 

if your worried about the mess a dry chem does then get a carbon dioxide one.  This wont leave any mess to clean up

Mine
    08  700 DU,
    29.5, 12" lift, HMF, ///, pc3, snork'd

Wife's
    07 700 SE
    29.5 ,snork's, 2" lift,HMF, TMHP "Girl Power" Rad relocate, Clutch kit, Led's, Custom Radio 
    TMHP 

sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 15:59:02 (permalink)
    Thanks Lawdog:
    the foam one above removes all 4 levels of the fire tetrehedron.
    The fire tetrahedron consists of four(4) categories; (a) Oxygen, (b) Heat, (c) Fuel, (d) Chain Reaction/Free radicals. The science behind firefighting has educated us that the elimination of one category will successfully extinguish fire.

It is also environmentally safe, non-corrosive, non-toxic, and bio-degradable. FireAde 2000 features provide the most cost effective way to extinguish fires. Has a pH property of 7 which is nuetral....about the same as water!

Triangle ATV
    sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 16:02:26 (permalink)
    Anyways, it is just a nice, small extinguisher to carry on an atv that dont take up any room, have to worry about guages getting broken or discharged accidentally and that will extinguish most anything you will encounter on the trail....

They also make great kitchen extinguishers because of the no mess clean up......lol

Triangle ATV
    sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 16:05:04 (permalink)
    Actually, dry chem fire extinguisher suffocates fires out.  They take the oxygen out of the fire.

true, I was talking about the cooling effect...they cant do that.

Triangle ATV
    jeremy7286
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 16:08:28 (permalink)
    Our 16 oz. personal fire extinguishers are ideal for small home fires, auto, shop and camping. Keeping a FireAde 2000 extinguisher nearby can save lives and property damage

Here is where I have a problem. So your telling me that a home owner that has an electrical short in the panel box is going to run outside and disconnect there home from the power? NO there for this product is not a Class C extingiusher and is liquid stream or mist that most likely can conduct electricity back to the orignal source your hand!!! 

Again, this can doesnt even have a gauge nor does it have a UL listing. And is non rechargeable. So lets evaluate the cost issue.
    New 2.5ABC extingiusher with vehicle bracket- $29.95
    Cost of 2.5lb recharge- $10.00
    Cost of FireAde2000 shipped to your door- $25.90
    Ex.1  Cost of when I bought it and new and recharged 3 times- total cost $59.95
    Ex.2 Cost of 4 Bottles of FireAde2000 $103.60

You can say what you want to say but I wouldnt use to protect my home, car, or anything of value.

Randy Miller Racing
    Unit505
    Mud Slinger
    • Total Posts : 166
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 21:28:39 (permalink)
    If I were going to by an extinguisher - I'd go with Cold Fire.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojzUgtVeYWc&feature=player_embedded#
    Don't know about Fire Ade. Never seen it demonstrated. Cold Fire is the real deal. Not sure why your department went with Fire Ade, probably a good deal and is probably good stuff, but I want to see a side by side comparison. Cold Fire has been around Nascar Pits and used in Fire Trucks to lower the evaporation point of the water for years. Awesome stuff. Got to play with it at a car show one time. Got to soak a towel in it, put it over my hand and hold a blow torch to it. Stayed cool for a while. Amazing stuff and cheaper than Fire Ade.

Edit - Just found where Cold Fire was featured in Firehouse Magazine in Nov 2010. Great read. 
    Why Use Cold Fire®?
    UL Listed Wetting Agent for Class A & B Fires 
    EPA-SNAP Listed 
    Considered an acceptable subsitute to toxic foams and Halon 1211
    Non-Toxic 
    Non-Corrosive-product can be dumped directly into booster tank.
    No need to flush out lines 
    Biodegradable
    Prevents Reignition When Properly Applied 
    Reduces Density of Hydrocarbon Smoke 
    No Messy Clean Up 
    Non-Slip 
    Indefinite Shelf Life

post edited by Unit505 - 2011/02/03 21:47:17

08 KQ450 Camo, H4 HID's, 5 1/4" Boss Marine Ammo Cans/150W Amp, 26" Swamp Witches, 1" Hockey Puck Spring Spacers, 2" ABM Lift, Toyota Celica Sway Bar Links, 1" Rear Wheel Spacers, UNI Air & Custom Seal, 2" Snorkeled Intake, 2" Snorkeled CVT with Rear CVT Snorkel, Custom Exhaust Snorkel, Rerouted Dif/Fuel Vents, Iridium Plug, 1mm Coop, 19g weights, SZ10 Secondary Spring, Dif Lock/Reverse Limiter Mod, Upper Motor Mount Mod, Fan Switch, Relocated Rad Bottle, Start In Gear, Voltage Gauge, Temp Gauge, 22 LED Reverse Light, Warn Front Bumper & Viper Max 3500 w/Amsteel Front, Warn RT25 w/Amsteel Rear, Custom 3 Point Hitch w/winch plate, Heated Grips, Kolpin Hand Guards, Voltage Regulator Mod, White MK Pod Mod, Dual Batteries
    sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 22:33:53 (permalink)
    jeremy7286

Our 16 oz. personal fire extinguishers are ideal for small home fires, auto, shop and camping. Keeping a FireAde 2000 extinguisher nearby can save lives and property damage

1. Here is where I have a problem. So your telling me that a home owner that has an electrical short in the panel box is going to run outside and disconnect there home from the power? NO there for this product is not a Class C extingiusher and is liquid stream or mist that most likely can conduct electricity back to the orignal source your hand!!! 

2. Again, this can doesnt even have a gauge nor does it have a UL listing. And is non rechargeable. So lets evaluate the cost issue.
    New 2.5ABC extingiusher with vehicle bracket- $29.95
    Cost of 2.5lb recharge- $10.00
    Cost of FireAde2000 shipped to your door- $25.90
    Ex.1  Cost of when I bought it and new and recharged 3 times- total cost $59.95
    Ex.2 Cost of 4 Bottles of FireAde2000 $103.60

You can say what you want to say but I wouldnt use to protect my home, car, or anything of value.

1. Well first off, we were talking about an extinguisher for an atv, and not home electrical fires.....
     Next, never said it was for electrical fires, but all electrical fires become class a fires when there is no power to them.
     Next, if you have an electrical short in a panel box, then yes you better run outside and kill the power or you are just gonna be blowing in the wind because its still an energized electrical panel that will be burning the class a materials around it and will continue to do so till you cut the power to it!......there again, back to class A.
    Also, they do not conduct electricty, they use de-ionized water as a base, thus no conductivity.

2. Correct, no guage and non rechargable but as for as UL listed......it is double UL listed.
    "FireAde 2000 eliminates the complexity of choosing the right firefighting foam agent. FireAde 2000 has always been suitable for Class A and Class B firefighting. Now, FireAde 2000 has UL Listings that solidifies this designation. FireAde 2000 has successfully completed the Wetting Agent/NFPA 18-2006 testing. FireAde 2000 is also UL Listed as a "Foam Liquid Concentrate" having complied with the UL 162 testing. This accomplishment with dual UL Listings confirms that FireAde 2000 is a "true" Class A and Class B product."

(3) tell you what, you discharge that 2.5 lb extinguisher inside your home and see what a heck of a mess you will make, you'll have powder in cracks you never knew you had!............ then let me discharge the can above and see who can clean up what the easiest.

BUT ANYWAYS, its no use in trying to talk to someone that has no fire experience with different extinguishing agents......but here is something for you to read.

post edited by sfd_324 - 2011/02/03 23:07:46

Triangle ATV
    sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 22:35:23 (permalink)
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    FireAde 2000 Extinguishers versus traditional Dry Powder Extinguishers
    used on Class "A", "B", & "D" fires
    Question -
    What is a Class "A", "B", "C", & "D" fire?

Answer -
    Class "A" fire is one involving ordinary combustible materials, such as wood, cloth, paper, rubber, as well as many plastics.
    Class "B" fire is one involving petroleum based products, flammable liquids, greases, gases, and rubber.
    Class "C" fire is one involving energised electrical equipment. As long as electricity is flowing to and through the electrical appliance.
    Remember; when the electricity is shut off, the fire becomes a Class "A" Fire and usually goes out unless it had gained enough headway at the time of electricity shutoff that it had transmitted the fire to other substances.
    Class "D" fire is one involving combustible metals or metals which generate their own oxygen, such as magnesium, titanium, zirconium, sodium, and potassium.

Top of the Page Question -
    Is FireAde 2000 effective on all Class's of fire?

Answer - FireAde 2000 Extinguisher
    No - FireAde 2000 is not effective on Class "C" fires involving electricity owing to the fact that there normally isn't a way to extinguish an electrical fire other than shutting off the electricity. FireAde 2000 is extremely effective for Class "A", "B", and "D" fires.

Is the Fire Extinguisher effective on Class "A" fires?

Yes - FireAde 2000 extinguishes the fire by rapidly penetrating the object reducing the radiant heat. When applied to a hot or burning object, the object can be cooled to the point that it no longer supports re-ignition. The ability to prevent re-ignition is useful in widely diverse situations, including and not limited too: Wood, Paper, Fabric, Cotton, Plastic and Rubber Products.

Answer - Dry Powder Extinguisher
    Sometimes - Dry Powder Chemical extinguishers are basically flame-quenching agents. They do not achieve permanent fire extinguishment unless they have attained complete suppression of all re-ignition sources by virtue of almost simultaneous surface flame coverage. Dry Powder Chemicals are only surface treatment agents and do nothing to penetrate nor cool the fire. Re-ignition is always a possibility.

Top of the Page
    Question -
    Is the fire extinguisher effective on Class "B" fires?

Yes - FireAde 2000 extinguishes Class "B" fires by rapidly interacting with the Class "B" liquids attacking the Fuel, Heat and Free Radicals; significantly cooling the liquid to the point that re-ignition is no longer a threat. FireAde 2000 will also render flammable liquids non-flammable.

Sometimes - Dry Powder Chemicals extinguish Class "B" fires basically the same way it extinguishes Class "A" fires, by depriving the fire of oxygen. Dry Powder Chemicals do not penetrate nor cool flammable liquids, therefore re-ignition is always a possibility.

Why is FireAde 2000 so effective for Class "A", "B" and "D" fires?

FireAde 2000 attacks the Heat, Fuel, Oxygen, & Free Radicals of the Fire Tetrahedron. Traditional fire extinguishers only attack the oxygen side of the Fire Tetrahedron.
    Note: In layman's terms, Free Radicals are the actual unburned gases that release from a fire giving smoke it's black appearance and allowing the fire to grow in temperature. Unlike traditional extinguish agents that only attack the oxygen, FireAde 2000 is able to extinguish the fire faster and more effective because it can to attack all sides of the Fire Tetrahedron.

Is there any health risk in using the Fire Extinguisher?

No. FireAde 2000 is water base with a pH of 7.3 (water being 7).
    FireAde 2000 is environmentally friendly, non - toxic and non - hazardous. As FireAde 2000 is not powder based it suffers from none of the breathing and vision problems associated with dry powder extinguishers. Note: Race car drivers frequently use FireAde 2000 to spray themselves down when getting out of a burning racecar.

Yes - Dry Powder Chemical extinguishers have been known to cause serious respiratory problems after use. You must avoid inhaling Dry Powder Chemicals. Avoid getting Dry Powder Chemical into your eyes, especially if you wear contact lenses. Dry Powder Chemicals can cause serious skin irritation. You can't control the application of Dry Powder Chemicals so caution should be taken when used around children or pets.

Could I use the fire extinguisher to extinguish burning clothing on someone and will it remove the heat from the clothing?

Yes - FireAde 2000 can be used to extinguish burning clothing on a child or adult. It's highly recommended by Racing Car Professionals for the safety teams to immediately spray the drivers with FireAde 2000 if they are on fire. ! Why? FireAde 2000 is safe to apply to burning victims. FireAde 2000 immediately extinguishes the burning clothing by penetrating the clothing and simultaneously removing the heat.
    Note: FireAde 2000 will achieve a temperature reduction from 1000 Degrees F. to less than 90 Degrees within 5 seconds. As mentioned above there are no health risk when using FireAde 2000.

Dry Powder Chemicals will only knock down flames on burning clothing. Dry Powder Chemicals will not remove the heat from the burning clothing and the material will continue to burn the victim; not to mention the Dry Powder Chemical will make it very difficult for the victim to see or breath.
    Note: Current test on children's clothing proves that Dry Powder Chemicals does nothing to remove the heat. Temperatures after extinguishment remained above 210 Degrees F after 1 minute of extinguishment. This temperature would continue to burn the child!

Could I use the fire extinguisher to spray myself if I was trapped in a fire and had no choice but to run through the fire?

Yes - FireAde 2000 fire extinguishers could be used for an emergency situation. FireAde 2000 penetrating and cooling properties will withstand extreme temperatures. FireAde 2000 is now being sold to racecar drivers in the first on-board fire system designed to soak the driver down with FireAde 2000 if they are caught in flames. FireAde 2000 has already been credited more than once for helping a driver get to safety from their burning car. Fire Chiefs in various Fire Departments have recognised this added benefit and recommend that FireAde 2000 be used for their own Fire Fighters before entering a building fire.
    Note: This application of FireAde 2000 should only be used if this is your last resort to escape fire. Remember FireAde 2000 will only protect clothing that its sprayed on during escaping the fire. Untreated parts of your clothing will burn.

No - Dry Powder Chemicals will not give you any protection in extreme heat conditions. Dry Powder Chemicals do nothing to penetrate the clothing, nor will they keep your clothing cool in this type of situation. You don't want to breath nor get Dry Powder Chemicals into your eyes.

Does the Fire Extinguisher "cool" burning objects?

Yes - FireAde 2000 rapidly cools burning objects preventing re-ignition. This is one of many benefits when using FireAde 2000. Current test showed that FireAde 2000 achieved a temperature reduction from 1200 Degrees F. to less than 90 Degrees F. within 10 seconds.

No - Dry Powder Chemicals do nothing to cool the object. Current test show that after extinguishment temperatures remain very high due to the retention of the heat. Re-ignition is always a possibility when using Dry Powder Chemicals.

How does FireAde 2000 "cool" the fire so rapidly?

FireAde 2000 proprietary formulation is able to cool the fire rapidly by covering more surface area and at the same time penetrating deep down into pores of the material removing the heat.
    Note: Traditional Dry Powder Chemical fire extinguishers only displace the oxygen feeding the fire and do nothing to remove the heat from the material. They only cover the surface of the material burning.

Smoke from a fire is extremely poisonous and toxic to breath. Does the fire extinguisher have any effect on the poisonous and toxic smoke?

Yes - FireAde 2000 quickly attacks many poisonous and potentially fatal toxins that are frequently present in dense smoke upon contact with fire. Visibility is significantly increased.

No - Dry Powder Chemicals do nothing to remove poisonous or toxic smoke from the fire. Dry Powder Chemicals alone are not safe to breath. Dry Powder Chemical extinguishers are very basic and comparatively inefficient fire fighting technology.

How does FireAde 2000 turn black smoke into a white smoke as the product is applied?

FireAde 2000 proprietary formulation is so advanced that the agent will capture (encapsulate) dense and toxic black smoke rapidly changing the black appearance to white smoke as the product is applied. FireAde 2000 interrupts the free radical chain reaction thus preventing them from forming soot and smoke. A cool steam is generated after the fire is extinguished.

Note: Traditional fire fighting Foams, and Dry Powder Chemical Agents do not have any effect on encapsulating the dense toxic black smoke.

If I have spilled fuel in my garage, which is extremely flammable, can I spray the fire extinguisher onto the spillage to prevent ignition?

Yes - by applying the FireAde 2000 fire extinguisher to the spill, flammable liquids, such as Gasoline, will be rendered permanently non-flammable. However, if it's a large fuel spill, the 16 oz. FireAde 2000 fire extinguisher will be enough to treat the entire spill. The fire extinguisher is excellent for small flammable liquid spills.
    Note: In an emergency situation, even a small FireAde 2000 fire extinguisher will aid in reducing the amount of flames!

No - Dry Powder Chemicals will not render flammable liquids such as Gasoline non-flammable. Once again Dry Powder Chemical extinguishers are basic technology designed to displace the oxygen of a fire!

Can FireAde 2000 be applied directly to my engine compartment without worrying about damaging my engine?

Yes - FireAde 2000 can be applied directly to your engine compartment without worrying about damaging the engine. In all of our live presentations we actually show a running engine with FireAde 2000 fire extinguishers being sprayed directly onto it. Racecar drivers and safety crew chiefs find FireAde 2000 to be very valuable because of this benefit alone.

Would you try this with your Dry Powder Chemicals extinguisher?

No - Unless you want to spend time and money breaking apart your engine. Racecar drivers have stated to us numerous of times that Dry Powder Chemicals had completely destroyed their engines.

Note: Racecar drivers and safety crew chiefs are highlighted here because of their frequent encounters with fires while working on the racecar or being involved in a wreck where Dry Powder Chemicals was used.

Road flares and rescue pyrotechnics, used by Police Officers, Marine Industry, D.O.T. and other agencies, are extremely difficult to extinguish. Can the Fire Extinguisher extinguish such flares?

Yes - FireAde 2000 fire extinguishers will extinguish pyrotechnic flares. Current test show that these flares burn well over 980 Degrees F. and within 2 seconds after FireAde 2000 has extinguished the flare, the temperature will be measured below 90 Degrees F. This is remarkable since most flares are so hot and supply their own oxygen, they will continue to burn under water.

Sometimes - Dry Powder Chemical will knock down the flame on a pyrotechnic flare but will not cool the container. Temperatures remain very high and re-ignition usually occurs within seconds.

If I have a grease fire, will the fire extinguisher work on this type of fire?

Yes - FireAde 2000 kitchen and domestic extinguishers are specially designed for grease fires. However, with any type of fire extinguisher extreme caution should be taken when fighting grease fires if the delivery of system is under pressure. There is a risk that the pressure will blow hot burning grease around. Pointing the nozzle directly into the burning grease is not the correct application. Stand away at a safe distance (approx. six to eight fee)t and sweep the fire extinguisher side to side extinguishing the flames. FireAde 2000 domestic extinguishers will rapidly cool the burning grease bringing it below re-ignition temperatures. Clean up is easy with the use of FireAde 2000 owing to its ability to break up grease.

Yes - Dry Powder Chemical extinguishers will extinguish burning grease fires. However, temperatures from the fire will remain extremely high and re-ignition will often occur. Dry Powder Chemicals will make clean up even more difficult and additional items in the kitchen and home may be damaged from the use of this type of extinguisher.

Is the fire extinguisher easy to clean up after use?

Yes - FireAde 2000 is very simple to clean up. In fact FireAde 2000 enhances the clean up process after the fire. How? FireAde 2000 breaks up sooty, greasy and oily residue leaving a clean surface after use. No scrubbing or other special cleaning efforts are required to remove FireAde 2000.

No - Dry Powder Chemicals leave a very messy residue. Clean up is very time consuming and can be very costly. Electronic equipment and engines can be destroyed by Dry Powder Chemicals. Most Dry Powder Chemical fire extinguisher manuals clearly state, "After the fire is out, clean up Dry Powder Chemicals immediately to avoid corrosion".
    Caution: Under certain fire and heat conditions, the Dry Powder Chemicals will cause damage or prove extremely difficult to remove from oven surfaces, including self-cleaning models. Improper use of Dry Powder Chemicals could cause serious bodily injury or property damage. Note: The next time you see a Dry Powder Chemical extinguisher in the store, look at the picture of it being sprayed in the kitchen. The spray pattern is not real. Its computer generated! The manufactures of Dry Powder Chemical extinguishers obviously know the damage and mess that it will cause.

What makes FireAde 2000 safe for use around my home, children and pets?

FireAde 2000 is water based, non-toxic, non-hazardous, and non - powdered. FireAde 2000 does not free flow throughout the area when applied. FireAde 2000 has a pH of 7.3 (water has a pH of 7). FireAde 2000 is very simple to clean up after use. FireAde 2000 is environmentally friendly, and biodegradable.

Do the Fire Extinguishers require maintenance?

Very Little- FireAde 2000: Fire Extinguishers periodically need to be examined for damage or broken tear tab.
    No shaking or turning extinguisher upside down required. FireAde 2000 will not settle or separate out of solution.

Yes - Dry-Chemical: Fire Extinguishers need to be examined for damage or broken pull pin. Dry-Chemical will settle and pack. Dry-chemical Fire Extinguishers need to be shaken once a month. Fully charged gauges on Dry-Chemical Fire Extinguishers only indicate that the extinguisher is pressurised. If settling has occurred then the extinguisher will not work properly. Dry-Chemical in most cases after a certain period of time will break down internal components of extinguisher causing damage to seals that hold the charge.

Top of the Page FireAde 2000 Extinguishers versus traditional Dry Powder Extinguishers used on Class "C" Electrical Fires
    The average consumer also doesn't know that the Dry Powder Chemical residue, left behind after use of the extinguisher, becomes electrically conductive by absorption of water vapour. The powder can cause a serious breakdown of electrical or electronic equipment. This could result in another electrical fire.
    Note: when using either FireAde 2000 or Dry Powder Chemical fire extinguishers, before fighting an electrical fire, cut the electricity supply off completely.

Question -
    Is the fire extinguisher effective on Class "C" (Electrical) fires?

No - FireAde 2000 will not extinguish electrical fires owing to the fact that there isn't a way for an extinguisher to completely extinguish an electrical current conducted in wiring. To extinguish Class "C" fires you firstly have to turn off the electricity. Once the electricity has been turned off, in most cases you will then be fighting a Class "A" fire and FireAde 2000 is highly effective for Class "A" fires.
    Note: FireAde 2000 16 fire extinguishers are water based. However, our fire extinguishers are charged with de-ionized water and will not conduct electricity.

No - Dry Powder Chemicals will not extinguish electrical fires. Depending on the temperature of the burning insulation, Dry Powder Chemicals may or may not extinguish Class "A" insulation fires. However, Dry Powder Chemical fire extinguishers clearly state that they are designed for Class "C" fires. In our opinion this is misleading to the consumer since the average person is not trained to use fire extinguishers.

Are electrical fires that occur in vehicles, planes, boats, etc. different from electrical fires that are found in your home?
    Can FireAde 2000 and Dry Powder Chemical agents be used for these types of fires?

Yes - FireAde 2000 can be used for low voltage electrical equipment fires that are found in vehicles, planes, boats, etc. These electrical fires are different from electrical fires found in your home. These electrical fires usually result in burning insulation in the engine compartment or driver compartment (dash of vehicle).

Yes - Dry Powder Chemical can be used for these types of fires. However, the use of Dry Powder Chemicals on these types of fires usually result in complete damage to the electrical system and other parts of the vehicle.
    Note: When Dry Powder Chemicals are discharged from extinguisher the Dry Powder Chemical is dispersed uncontrollably and usually results in additional damage to your vehicle, plane, boat, etc. Again, Dry Powder Chemicals only eliminates the oxygen in the fire.
    Doing nothing to cool the fire, re-ignition is always a possibility with Class "A" and Class "B" materials.

Triangle ATV
    sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 22:37:43 (permalink)
    btw.....i am not affiliated with FSP in any way other than a user of their product for many years.

Triangle ATV
    sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 22:50:01 (permalink)
    Unit505:

I may look into the Cold Fire product, first one i have saw that compares to FireAde.
    I too wouldn't mind doing a comparison.......If i do i'll get some vid and let you know how it goes!
    I buy direct from FSP, the owner Ron Thames, great guy to deal with. 

if you are with a dept, hit me up in pm and we'll chat.

post edited by sfd_324 - 2011/02/03 23:14:39

Triangle ATV
    sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/03 23:09:23 (permalink)
    smcox1:

i apologize for getting your thread kinda off track....lol
    Hope there is no hard feelings.

Triangle ATV
    jeremy7286
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/04 08:37:17 (permalink)
    Sfd_324,
    I guess me, my dad, and my granddad have been selling the wrong fire equipment for 50 years. You need to find out who you are talking to before you start saying that I have no fire extinguishing agent experience. I deal with it everyday, and actually obtain a portable fire extinguisher permit in the State of GA. I also have to attend numerous continuing education classes. Your profession is putting out fires mine is preparing for fires.

Ok back to the electrical fire, so at your home (since you said it was great for it) when you have an electrical short in a shocket is the average person going to think "O I need to shut of the fuse to this socket before extinguishing the fire with my FireAde2000." No they are going to think atomically "I have that little extinguisher that I bought in the cabinet I can use." If FireAde2000 was confident that there product would not have a problem with electricity then they would have had it Approved for a class C fire.

I guess since is such a great product that NFPA and NAFED has set as the standard. Oh wait!! No they haven't!!!

You can say what you want to say about a dry chemical at the end of the day would you rather something to clean up, or nothing at all.  I will stick with what has been proven the most efficient way to put out fires for over 45 years!!!
    post edited by jeremy7286 - 2011/02/04 08:39:23

Randy Miller Racing
    sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/04 10:11:37 (permalink)
    Yall kill me........whats the most common type of fire in the home.? Cooking/kitchen fires....not electrical!   
    So why in the heck are you stuck on this electrical crap..... 

The guy asked about it for and atv and i posted what i thought would be a nice small all around extinguisher to carry, although it has good uses for the home too...........but you were the first to call it JUNK, now thats either because:
    1. You have no experience with it.
    2. You promote a certain product since you are in the "business" as a seller.
    3. You cant become a dealer for them and your just mad because of it.

Anyways, your statement of:  I will stick with what has been proven the most efficient way to put out fires for over 45 years!!!

The most efficient way is water, but thats another topic.

Thats because so many people are living in the dark ages and are not educated or know about change..........bet you 99 percent of homeowners, never heard of a water or foam extinguisher.......all they know is dry powder that yall promote. (general term used for all dealers).
    Let me throw this one at ya, If dry chem's are so great, then why are they not required in commercial kitchen areas? Do you know what is? If you do enlighten me a little on that class of extinguisher..

How many times have you ever seen anyone discharge a dry chem on an electrical fire in the home?
    Me.....Never, If we do get a call for a electriacl fire, whats the first thing you do!  de-energize first, which there again, back to a class A even if there is anything left burning, which most of the time there is not.

Triangle ATV
    sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/04 10:16:10 (permalink)
    ANYWAYS, lets get smcox1 back on track on his thread.

Everyone has an opinion, like everything else, but If you would like more dicussion on this pm me.

Thanks, and sorry for getting off topic which i normally dont do in someone elses thread.

Triangle ATV
    bayoucats
    Mud Maniac
    • Total Posts : 346
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/04 15:58:04 (permalink)
    All I know I have my stash of Halon 1211.... LOL

SFD_324, contact cold fire.
    They sent us a sample, hope to test it soon...

I see the pros & cons in both but I still like having a gauge to spot check the extinguishers status.

BTW... If you do a partial discharge with the FireAde2000 with tha balance leak down or will it hold for later use??

staflo64
    Puddle Jumper
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/04 16:07:56 (permalink)
    pour gas on it and let insurance do the rest : O

2010 King Quad 750 Camo
    2" Moose Lift
    HMF utility series
    HMF otimizer
    29.5" Skinny Laws on SS312's 
    Stage 4 AirDam!!!!!!
    18 gram roller weights
    Yellow Spring
    Custom fiberglass speaker box
    Sony radio and wired remote molded into plastics
    HID's and strobes
    2500 lb Super winch
    Full 2" Snorkel
    sfd_324
    Mud Pro
    Re:Fire Extinguisher???? 2011/02/04 16:33:24 (permalink)
    bayoucats

All I know I have my stash of Halon 1211.... LOL

SFD_324, contact cold fire.
    They sent us a sample, hope to test it soon...

I see the pros & cons in both but I still like having a gauge to spot check the extinguishers status.

BTW... If you do a partial discharge with the FireAde2000 with tha balance leak down or will it hold for later use?? 

I think i will call them next week and have a sample sent.......right now we currently use the 2000 on everything so it will be a good comparison. Even our regular water extinguishers are 6% equipped, that way it covers all the spectrum without having to pull a line for the smaller things.

think of it like this......you ever seen a guage on an aerosol can?? lol
    On the partial discharge, it will hold for later use. 

Triangle ATV
    Jump to:
    © 2015 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5