Hot!AG Tires

Author
07AC400
Puddle Jumper
  • Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points: 0
2018/03/06 18:40:18 (permalink)

AG Tires

I’m looking for feedback from people who have switched to ag tires. It seems to be the trend and I’m guessing there is a reason for it. How do these tires do in sand and soft stuff? Due to the narrow width I would think not well but i see tons of people running them in sandy creek/river areas. Also how do they do on the trails with logs and hard pack hills?

2 Replies Related Threads

00_NUTT
    Super Swamper
    • Total Posts : 2634
    Re: AG Tires 2018/03/06 20:39:44 (permalink)
    Ever driven a tractor? If you have it answers your questions. Farmers want tires that pull, last, and clean well. A tractor with crappy tires is useless. So they will pull but will want to dig to china looking for hard ground. Being skinny has their advantages. Wheel speed being #1. Also look at the size of ag tires people are running along with the cost. So most ATV tires stop at 32-36" on a 14" rim and cost a small fortune. I got my interco interforce II's shipped to my door for $600 and they are mounted on 16" wheels. So by the time I got my wheels and tires I was cheaper than all similar sized big name ATV tires alone. Now there are tried and true ATV tires such as the outlaw and the silverbacks. Both tires perform very well and I still own sets of both and switch them regularly depending on where I ride. Mainly where I see ag tires is on big sxs with big lifts that can fit huge tires and be on the cheap. I believe most ATVs are running the outlaws and silverbacks. As far as sand if you look at tractor tires the tread changes by location. So up north where the soil has more sand the tread becomes less aggressive and the tire gets wider. So again ag tires like an R1 which most people are running is not good for sand. As for trail riding the tires are hard and will skate on you on inclines and high speeds and depending on the size of the log it may or may not cross it due to the tires being hard. Man I could go on and on but I hope this helps.

00_NUTT
    1997 Honda 300 4x4
    Head Ported and Polished
    317 Kit
    Big Red Cam
    Clutch Kit
    SuperTrapp IDS2 Exhaust
    K&N Filter
    Carb Kit
    32" Interco Interforce II's
    16" MSA M30 Trottles
    Snorkled 
    54% gear reduction
    Honda 350 rear axle assm.

6" BPC CUSTOM LIFT WITH 8" STRETCH AND 3" BODY LIFT OLD 300 LOOKING GOOD AS EVER THANKS TO WHITNEY!!!!!

SON'S BIKE
    1998 Honda 300 2x4
    6" BPC LIft with some sick a-arms
    420 spindles and disk brakes
    29.5" OL2'S
    14" MSA M26 Vibes

Upcoming
    4x4 Frame and Motor that's here now just got to get to work on the swap over!!!
    54% Gear Reduction

07AC400
    Puddle Jumper
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: AG Tires 2018/03/07 12:04:12 (permalink)
    Thanks for the input. I should probably just stick with my Outback Max. They’re a great all around tire. I just had an itch to try something different.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5