Locked'heat' fuel additive

Author
lost cause
Mud Pro
  • Total Posts : 1323
  • Reward points: 0
2010/06/14 10:25:47 (permalink)

'heat' fuel additive

Will the fuel additive called 'heat' work well at getting water out of fuel? Or should i just drain the fuel? Also will this cause the bike to run too hot?

2007 Grizzly 700 Camo (SOLD)
2009 SPORTSMAN 800 H.O. RED
RUBBER DOWN CUSTOMS 2" LIFT
TRIANGLE ATV STEALTH SNORKLES
EPI HD SPRINGS
GORILLA AXLES
GORILLA REAR PROP SHAFT
29.5 S/W OUTLAWS
SUPER ATV ALUMINU

3 Replies Related Threads

stockforman4now
    Mud Maniac
    • Total Posts : 307
    Re:'heat' fuel additive 2010/06/14 11:12:10 (permalink)
    I dont know about heat but sea foam does a killer job of getting the water out.
    Jake450s
    • Total Posts : 8129
    Re:'heat' fuel additive 2010/06/14 17:13:58 (permalink)
    Do you have oxygenated fuel (Methanol/ethanol blends)?  If so, it's already ten percent or more, if that didn't fix it then another bottle isn't going to help.

You don't specify what machine you're working on, I'm not so familiar with one of yours...  Drain the fuel.  Drain it from the RES setting if it's an option, and from the carburetor if you still have one. 
    Do your draining into a white or preferably clear container, that is CLEAN AND DRY.  You will see if there is water, and you will know when water no longer presents it's self.

If it's just water (looks like gray blobs usually) then once you've let that out of the bottom, you'll be good to go, what's left will be just fine.
    If it's pasty white, drain the entire contents of the fuel tank and replace it completely with fresh gasoline.

Usually water contamination isn't "pure" water.  You may find that you end up with plugged passages.  The only way to know is to remove the water (after you have confirmed that this is the problem) and see what it does.  If it straightens out, great.  If not, there's probably a chunkie stuck where it shouldn't be.
    lost cause
    Mud Pro
    • Total Posts : 1323
    Re:'heat' fuel additive 2010/06/14 17:21:51 (permalink)
    alright thanks. I don't mean to turn this into like a repost type of thing cause i have a post in the yamaha section talking about my issue, but my grizzly 700 won't idol at all. It runs but will not idol and someone suggested water in the fuel and just trying to figure out my options. That is why i was curious if i could just do an additive but im thinking that wouldn't be the issue. Seems like you would have to have a good amount of water in it to mess it up.
    post edited by lost cause - 2010/06/14 17:23:38

2007 Grizzly 700 Camo (SOLD)
    2009 SPORTSMAN 800 H.O. RED
    RUBBER DOWN CUSTOMS 2" LIFT
    TRIANGLE ATV STEALTH SNORKLES
    EPI HD SPRINGS
    GORILLA AXLES
    GORILLA REAR PROP SHAFT
    29.5 S/W OUTLAWS
    SUPER ATV ALUMINU
    Jump to:
    © 2015 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5